OH: 1982 VW Rabbit Pickup Diesel Caddy $1900

rhaus

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4dr Golf MT
I am looking to sell my 1982 VW Pickup Diesel. The odometer has stopped working, which isn't so uncommon on these things, so i am not sure how many miles are on it. It does have a small amount of body rust, mostly on the bottom of the body panels and also on the a pillar, but the bed, under body and most importantly strut towers are all solid. The truck starts up and runs solid. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. I have recently replaced the rear wheel bearings, rebuilt the vacuum pump, changed the oil and air/fuel/oil filters, and replaced the alternator's regulator. I currently have the truck running on the front brakes only, because a hole developed in the rear lines. I have since replaced all of the rear lines, the drums and the wheel cylinders, I just need to hook the lines from the master cylinder back to the brake proportioning valve. Also, the fuel gauge does not work, but I plan to get that working before the vehicle leaves my hands as well. The only other two issues with the truck are the tailgate, which must be opened with a screw driver and the windshield which is cracked. These are two things I have learned to live with. Other than that, the radio and all other electronics/lights work. Also, the truck is a 4speed that shifts into all gears without grinding. Here are some pictures and a video. Let me know if you have anymore questions:

Modified by enjoyrth at 7:25 PM 4-8-2008