Did VW ever offer a lip like this?

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.

MX45OR

TDI
2006 pkg 2 tdi 5sp. man
they called it an mk6, so I would venture a guess, NO.
plus it seems a little edgy (not smooth w/ the body lines) for VW.
I've seen VW ones and they are stick on as well.

Last edited:

chops_555

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI 6spd manual Build date: 09/08
Yeah, I think the VW ones are a little different. Probably a little better. I asked about one when I bought my car and the salesman told me the price, and I remembered thinking it wasn't really worth what they were asking. But that was with labor included and I also (after watching the TDI cup) asked how much the thunderbunny front body kit would be. I think he quoted me somewhere in the $150.00-$210.00 range, of course he could of been pulling numbers out of his head; or it could be just such a while ago that I don't rightly remember.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
My 06.5 Diesel Edition has one like that. Looks good on it easy to wash, don't have to get underneath it to clean like other spoilers.

Last edited:

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Yep, my 09 has that lip as well from the factory. I think Bud at checkeredflag vw can get them already painted factory colors for pretty cheap. He can ship them to your door as well. I got a complete votex body kit from him for my car.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09

Got this lip as part of the Jetta TDI protection package.
Order it at the parts counter - 1KM 071 641 U. You will also likely need to supply VIN / Paint code to get it colormatched from the factory. Lists for about $135.

Last edited:

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
Isn't the lip a little small even to be noticed or do anything regarding the wind.

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
Lip came standard on my Loyal Edition (early '09 demo). I think its fairly silly; not big enough to do squat except maybe enable you to pretend you have a spoiler. But its not silly enough to do anything about, and it is easy to clean around, and I'm afraid of what I'd do to the paint if I tried to take it off, so it remains.