Engine missfire disabled

WrEkkED

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 TDI Sport
I had the 02 sensor fail on the test because it was "off", so got a the 02 added back to the ECU, installed 02. Cleared the code last night, went for a ride, came back left it overnight, tested again now missfire disabled. Thought maybe it didn't reset so I did the VW 16 step reset and did an additional 2.5 hours and even specifically sat in 401 traffic, got retested and still saying the same thing. Odd thing is, this code wasn't there before the 02 was added, and at same time I had them add to hold boost between shifts. (great add on btw, no lag between gears like a dsg)

Is this in the tune? Bad sensor? (no faults on vagcom) can I turn this back on via vagcom? My vagcom won't let me check my readiness either.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
VCDS will let you check readiness - is it an official version?

Heck, I can check readiness monitors with any OBDII scanner - check them with Torque all the time.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
At this point I think you should go back to stock tune and be done with it.

WrEkkED

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 TDI Sport
Yea, it used to let me but now I cant even log in. I can see measuring blocks though and reset and see faults. Not sure if its because the code is different for the pd. Think its just my computer in general because its so old. Stopped working all the time on my old car.

As for back to stock, would take me thousands to return to stock. Just not an option. It has all the emissions on it now that I added back the 02 sensor and cat. I actually called Giles and he said I probably just need to drive more that it wasnt ready since you wouldnt tune out the missfire

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Why would it cost thousand to reinstall the stock tune?

WrEkkED

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 TDI Sport
Maybe not thousands, but at least a thousand. Stock turbo, stock manifold, stock map sensor, stock intercooler elbow, retune, etc. Not to mention either the labor or time to do it myself and all the gaskets yada yada.

Plus, if I had to keep it stock I would never have bought another one when my old one got smashed. These should have come stock with the 2260 ;)