VA people----- anyone?

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
i'm still around, but tend to stay more up in the baltimore area near work. interested in a weekend meet and don't mind driving up to an hour from maryland or richmond areas.

Ravi4l

TDI
2005 GOLF Blue I think
I'm here in Springfield VA wife drives 05 Golf TDI and you well see on Black NSX does anyone know good shop around N VA i been doing the work my self so far but wanted to ge things checked out.

thanks
ravi

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Last edited:

boostedbrick

TDI
05 Mk4 Golf
I'm in roanoke and can travel for a GTG...BTW Getfast- I had a blast at the last NASA event @ summit point. My first HPDE day and definitely not my last (I was the one driving the silver Golf getting pasted by EVERYONE on the straight)

getfast

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GTDI (sold), 12 GTI, 98 M3/4, 95 M3
Awesome, glad to hear it. The straights are the boring part anyway. ;)

Last edited:

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
if in richmond, have parking for about 10 cars and can allow people to use the lift in my garage if they'd like. makes putting on those panzer plates much easier.

buelldude

TDI
2011 TDI GOLF
So if this were to happen (GTG) in Richmond, I would be up for FEB time.

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
I'm about 3 miles from the intersection of I-95 and I-295 north of Richmond if you're looking at a map. Extremely easy to get to from nearly anywhere.

Not sure of my schedule yet for February, but I'm back in Richmond at least one weekend a month. We can meet at my place if y'all want for lift and tool time. Can put two on the driveway for wrenching and still have one drive onto the lift. Lots of safe on-street parking for 10+ cars in the friendly 25-home cul-de-sac neighborhood.

G-Force Karts is indoors and by the raceway, 10 miles away. Lots of high speed adult go-karts on a non-oval track. Pretty fun.

There is a mall about 4-1/2 miles away, too. In case we wanna do a lunch/dinner thing.

Just ask for no leaking radiators or changing transmissions -- those cleanups get very messy! Belly pan oil drains are easy with the lift. If someone brings a Pella extractor, that could be handy for everyone, there is an oil recycling place nearby for my 5 gallon drums.

I'm no VW guru, all learned by watching others or self-taught through research. Good way for all of us to learn from each other. Figured I'd lend my place to host if y'all want.

getfast

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GTDI (sold), 12 GTI, 98 M3/4, 95 M3
Went to G-Force tonight, what a blast. Uploading helmetcam video now.

Anyway I'd be down with that, or a dyno day, or wrenching, or pretty much any activity other than standing around in a parking lot talking about cetane and mpg's :D

Jan/Feb look good for me other than a few weekend adventures here and there.

Dieselson

TDI
86 Jetta
Dieselson from Scottsville VaJetta area here. I'd like to make. Feb sounds good. There is also an outdoor track in Waynesboro, to me, it looks lame from the street. Although GetFast's track looks pretty fun.

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I'll be at Sprout this evening and for those that like a well priced gtg meal you can always buy todays groupon for Sprout $10 for a $20 meal.

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
Chesapeake, VA here. Work in Fairfax County, VA. $3.08 at the Hess station on Battelfield Blvd. today.