mk5 locking problem

Fearless007

TDI
Vw mk5
Hello,

Alright guys i have 2 problems with my mk5 1.9tdi, well they are might linked problems i don't know if any of you can give me some advices :\

1. I have notice that when i forgot the headlight on and open the door there is no beep beep beep, but for everything else beep, hand brake while you drive, fuel warning etc etc... can i turn that on the beep warning?

2. When i unlock my car with my remote and if i dont put the key in the ignition the car will lock it self or if i dont open and close back door, usually that worked with driver door but not any more, also for my 5th door (the truck) if i unlock the car with the remote the truck is locked i need to open then close the back door to open the truck...

Any advice guys?

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
Driver door latch assembly if everything else works on your driver door. Window controls, trunk button, fuel door button, mirrors, rest of your windows from the drivers door.

The micro switch that tells the car the door has been opened is a high failure item.

soot1

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none. Formerly: 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6M, 1993 Dodge Ram W250 Cummins 5M 4WD, 1990 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1986 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1980 VW Uabbit Diesel 4M. Currently driving 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD.

bobthefarmer

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Mk 5 192K miles; 2012 Car of the Year, Passat Tdi SE+Nav in blue nightgown, shod in 18 inch heels
soot1 Nailed it.

My car was exhibiting strange behavior some time ago, and it turned out to be the door latch module's small motor that was behind all this:http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=451892
I agree. Been down that rabbit hole. It is a challenging job, but that thread fixed the problem for me. Always keep the Beep confirmation on, so you know your car is secure and lock.