Optional wheels for turn ins?

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
Curious if anyone else got a wheel option from the VW catalog on their car?

I have a 2015 and paid 1200 bucks for the VW 'rotary' 18" wheels. Im not being paid for them. I feel like I'm losing out if I dont take them off and sell them.

Thoughts? Am I picking nits? I dont even know what I'd sell them for.

Guess I could go buy the cheapest rims and bald tires I could find..... Wonder is it worth the hassle.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
If you're not being directly compensated for them as an added option through the settlement, then it's up to you if it's worth the hassle to sell them separately in an effort to recoup some of what you paid for them.

It's an easier answer if you keep them because you like them and install on another car.

Unless they're immaculate, nobody is going to pay anywhere near what you paid for them. And they're probably not going to want your tires (or at least, won't pay you for them).

So if you're just trying to make a buck, probably not worth the effort.

Borsig

TDI
2015's dont get ANY adds. At least not sportwagens. We dont get any adds for our options, etc.

We only get things taken away for no auto trans.

Id be happy with 500 bucks and swapping someone. <shrug>

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Only worthwhile if you are swapping wheels with someone else who wants them.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Be aware that some buyback reps are apparently telling people that the cars need to be on OEM wheels--which the dealer will conveniently sell you. It's BS, and the couple of reports that have come up here, they've backed down when challenged, but they're still (apparently) trying.

TDIsaver

TDI
Multiple
Curious if anyone else got a wheel option from the VW catalog on their car?

I have a 2015 and paid 1200 bucks for the VW 'rotary' 18" wheels. Im not being paid for them. I feel like I'm losing out if I dont take them off and sell them.

Thoughts? Am I picking nits? I dont even know what I'd sell them for.

Guess I could go buy the cheapest rims and bald tires I could find..... Wonder is it worth the hassle.
It's worth the hassle if you want to make an extra $600-800. If money doesn't matter to you, then don't worry about the wheels.

Post them on Craigslist as a trade. $600 plus a set of crappy wheels/tires. Or buy a set for $20-50 and then take your time selling the 18s for $800.

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
I bought a set of shot (cracks, gouges, missing centers) Moda rims+tires (think all of them were different & very bold tires) off CL for $100.

Thats how my baby went back, in style. Drove real slow. 0 questions.

Borsig

TDI
might do the same.

500 bucks pays the dealer fee on a new one.

Does seem like a hassle though

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
There have been successful buybacks with steelies noted at TDIClub. My plan is to do the same with my 15" steelies for my buyback next year, I plan to use the my VW OEM 17s for snow tires on my new used MKVI Golf R once I get it.