MANN Fuel filter blocked off at T fitting?

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Has anyone run into this where the WK853/3X (on filter body just says: "WK853/3") has a white blockage where the T-fitting is supposed to set in?
I went to change the filter, and this white blockage thing would not allow the T-fitting to seat.

I though OK maybe it's a seal to keep crap out and you just punch it through, but it will not move. I even hit it with a punch/hammer but it's not going anywhere.
My old one did not have this and the T seated easily.:confused:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
There's a baffle on top of the filter media on MANN filters now. It isn't in the way of the tee. The tee is a tight fit. I usually tap it lightly with a mallet to seat it. I'd give it another shot.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
I noticed the baffle last week when changing out my filter, but like IBW said it doesn’t affect the tee at all. Actually it seems to fit better, meaning with less play and reduce bubbles in the line somewhat.

Bajan

Ash03

TDI
Vw Polo 1.9TDI 96kw
i had endless crap with that pesky T fitting, i got rid of the oem style filter and went with the CAT filter and i dont regret it one bit..

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I did this several years ago.

I cut the pipes/fittings off a old Mann filter for use on the aluminum filter block from a MK1 Rabbit Diesel. Bored holes and JB Weld. It has been in service for at least 200k miles with no negative affects on the JB Weld. The T has not been removed ... no need to remove it. Just lift up and un-screw the filter. It has the same size element in side as the OE for the TDI.