www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Eastern USA

South Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the South Eastern USA. (Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)

Old July 11th, 2017, 17:13   #76
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
Hope you're doing better sir! I have the timing belt kit for my 2004 Golf in hand now. If you're feeling up for it in the near future I wouldn't mind heading your way. I can help with the process or not.
Anytime you're ready. Just e mail me to find a,day.

I've done a couple of solo timing belt. However, Eric's home for awhile. We can do the harder stuff.

Did I mention that I may be teaching school this fall? An offer fell out of the sky.... imagine that, me, molding young minds.

Holler if I can help.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2017, 04:47   #77
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Considering that I learned a large portion of what I know about these cars from you just from sponging off of your wisdom imparted at GTGs, if someone is getting education from you at a regular organized interval I imagine you will be a great instructor.

Congratulations on the new adventure.
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 21:26   #78
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Just a heads up. I’ve been having shoulder pain for a few months after hurting it more than a year ago at work. The partial rotator cuff tear is now a full tear. I’ll have it surgically repaired before the end of the year.

I’ve been rated permanently disabled, and had to retire from EMS after 43 years. I’m bored out of my mind......school job went to someone younger and cheaper to hire. Gotta find a part-time job after shoulder heals up.

Anyway, garage is closed for any significant work for until healthy. Always happy to scan for codes if you come by.

I’ve talked to surrounding gurus, and will be happy to refer anyone to them. The only uncovered area is central and western TN. I don’t know anyone there.

If anyone know a source for reconditioned/used low rise lifts, please let me know. I can’t afford a new one. I’d like one that lifts by the sills, like many tire places have.

Thanks, Bruce

Last edited by paramedick; November 3rd, 2017 at 21:30.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 18:06   #79
terrydtdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: BEST 58 ( 900 mile Club ) av. 46, worst 38, Mobil 1 TDT

Bruce, great to see your post, hope you get to feeling better. Sure miss the old times when we had lots of GTG's, guess lots of people lost interest. Hopefully somebody will get an itch to have one again sometime. Take care buddy.
2K jetta gl tdi 5spd 388k, RC5+, 17/22, PP764's, ported head, ARP head studs, 11mm, 3" turbo back, Kerma OMI, PD150IT & race pipe, VR6 air box & MAF, Godspeed SMIC, 3 bar map, PD lift pump, 681 fift, TT LCA's, spindles, brakes, GLI rear brakes and interior, VR6 axles, mcnalley boost/egt gauge, SBC Stage 2 Endurance, bagged, Michelin Pilot Super Sports
terrydtdi is online now   Reply With Quote