Diesel is cleaner than petrol !

Willy den CGI

Veteran Member
In next week at Wednesday a sensational report will be presented by Swedish Authoritys at Vägverket, the department responsible for the roads.
The professional report will show that diesel with modern avvialable technique IS CLEANER than modern petrolengines.

The most interesting part is that the petrolengines had MORE particles in the emissions than the diesel counterpart.
A MUST in this, is that the dieselfuel must have a low sulphurcontent, so hurry up in the US if you dont want to stay on the fence, sitting and waiting for a cleaner and more friendly environment.
This most sensational news are spread today in Sweden by the paper Svenska Dagbladet and text TV

if you understand Swedish:
Article in todays SVD

So who is taking advantage of this ?
Read
Sintercast report of 2001

from
Sintercast homepage with a lot of dieselinformation

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
Thanks for the report.

It looks as if the petrol engine will disappear from the showrooms in Europe...

As for America, we're very lucky that we'll have good clean fuel by 2007. The foot dragging that oil money bought was rather effective....

S

SkyPup

Willy, you have to understand that over here, Americans are Diesel Dinosaurs. At best, Americans only associate diesels with ugly smelly garbage trucks that spew dirty filthy waste all over and stink to high heaven and are driven by ex-cons on parole from the prisons for raping old lady's.

It will take MASSIVE MASSIVE change over here for any diesel passenger car market to occur, we are super lucky to even have the lowest form of VW TDI in the world here, and it is the ONLY HSDI passenger car in the entire Continent of North America

SUX

chopchop

Top Post Dawg
Oh, & by the way, Willy, the only VW TDIs we get are Golfs, Jettas(Boras), & Beetles.

NO TDi Passats (a few were imported several years ago), NO Lupos or Polos in any shape or form, NO Audi TDis.

This is the $h1thouse of the world for REAL car choice, believe you me!

- Richard

S

SkyPup

Originally posted by chopchop:
Oh, & by the way, Willy, the only VW TDIs we get are Golfs, Jettas(Boras), & Beetles.

NO TDi Passats (a few were imported several years ago), NO Lupos or Polos in any shape or form, NO Audi TDis.

This is the $h1thouse of the world for REAL car choice, believe you me!

- Richard
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly, very well put Richard, there simply is NO WORSE place in the world for a HSDI passenger car than North America.

chopchop

Top Post Dawg
Willy - I forgot to add that you CANNOT even import the dream car of your choice from Europe - unless that dream car happens to be 25+/15+ years old (for USA/Canada).

This policy masquerades as Official Governmental concern for environmental & safety standards (you should see some of the rustbuckets on the roads of Alberta....
), but is, in reality, simply US-instigated Trade Protectionism, to which Canada is obliged to kow-tow under NAFTA.

Even if you could import a lovely PD TDi, it wouldn't run for long on the filthy rot-gut, high-sulphur, low-cetane diesel here.

- Richard

gearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
regarding change in US perceptions of diesel cars, we can influence change. Iv'e had people ask about the car when fueling, when idling, and running various chores. Two topics shock them, low or no smoke, and power output (mileage is icing on the cake).

Wish I had catchy sticker for the back window, something like '50 mpg!~~by Diesel' as I pass people on a long 7% grade.

[ May 14, 2002, 09:00: Message edited by: gearhead ]

nuke

Veteran Member
Typical load of bull from skypup and chopchop.

What about South Africa?

ULSD is also not universally available in Europe either.

Average pump diesel in the US is just fine. The *minimum* standard is too low, but the stuff most people get out at the pump is of acceptable quality.

Not that I suppose reality will have any bearing on Skypup nor his zombie-eyed cult of followers.

AutoDiesel

Veteran Member
Originally posted by SkyPup:
Willy, you have to understand that over here, Americans are Diesel Dinosaurs. At best, Americans only associate diesels with ugly smelly garbage trucks that spew dirty filthy waste all over and stink to high heaven and are driven by ex-cons on parole from the prisons for raping old lady's.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually Emerald City Deposal in Seattle runs their garbage trucks on ULSD and have been retrofited with emission devices to reduce particulates and NOx.
So, at least in Seattle the garbage trucks are running on cleaner diesel than what we can buy at the pumps for our TDi's!

If you want something cleaner you have to run biodiesel, which I do!

Now the part about ex-cons I know nothing about.

Willy den CGI

Veteran Member
Hey, such a mess of sad feelings. Cheere up and start/keep on lobbying.

The mentioned report might be the turnaround for new technique even in rigid anti-diesel California. Ford is just waiting to implement their new engines in the US.

I am looking forward to the conclusions, even at your behalf.

Keep smiling.

S

SkyPup

Originally posted by nuke:

What about South Africa?

ULSD is also not universally available in Europe either.

Average pump diesel in the US is just fine. The *minimum* standard is too low, but the stuff most people get out at the pump is of acceptable quality.

Not that I suppose reality will have any bearing on Skypup nor his zombie-eyed cult of followers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Another sweet wad of profuse BULL from nuke, but what to you expect for a petroleum industry contractor trying to make things look great?
LOL

troy_heagy

BANNED
Originally posted by nuke:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ULSD is needed to get superior catalytic converters. I'm surprised you didn't know this? Maybe you should spend less time criticizing skypup/chopchop and more time educating yourself about lowering diesel exhaust emissions. Start here: http://epa.gov

troy_heagy

BANNED
Originally posted by gearhead:
Wish I had catchy sticker for the back window, something like '50 mpg!~~by Diesel' as I pass people on a long 7% grade.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.makestickers.com/ is the solution. I have two bumper stickers on the back of my Beetle. One says "60 MPG!" and the other says "SOYdiesel"

Troy

OilBurnerBob

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, black on black
nuke might be confused because he lives in California and gets better fuel than the rest of the country. Then again, he might just be confused...

Willy den CGI

Veteran Member
The English report will be released on Wednesday May 22 at a seminar organized by the Swedish National Road Administration ("Vägverket" in Swedish).
The report will be made available for downloading at the website of SNRA .

Tack Peter