2006 jetta tdi control module - vanishes!

tbrennan14

TDI
jetta
Relative was involved in accident - fender was damaged along with doors - you guys have been great with your answers and am rebuilding the car. Yet somewhere in transit the black module on the left drivers side fender rail went missing. These are big bucks from the dealer. Anyhow, does anyone have a pictorial on how to install a new one. The box is easy enough just mounts with a clip bracket into two holes - but the wiring runs all the way to the transmission - how should you route the wiring, and further does the wiring come with the module?
Any help is greatly appreciated, especially how to route the wiring harness from the module to the transmission . Thank You

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
The J217 TCM is only for the 09G slushbox unit. The DSG mechatronic has an embedded controller, so you aren't missing anything, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about.

tbrennan14

TDI
jetta
Your light years ahead of me Jessie

Your probably not misunderstanding - I probably am not expressing my question as I should not knowing all that much about this. Maybe this black sensor or module box is not on all cars. Anyhow, there is an hook on the fender rail on my tdi - that same hook on a 2.5 holds the black module box which slides under the rail hook and is bracketed into two holes right under the fender lip. A long wiring harness on the 2.5 connects into that box on the fender rail and runs back down into the engine or trans. My standpoint is that if the hook is on my tdi, then the hook must be there for a reason i.e. to hold the module box. On ebay motors these modules run about $193 while if she is a tcm, they run nearly $500-$700 at the VW dealer

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Don't worry about the mount point. VW platforms are standardized, so there are often unused mount points, studs, etc. What you are describing is the mounting location for the 09G conventional automatic control module, and you don't have one (you have either an 0A4 manual or 02E DSG).