Do Subaru Forester wheels fit on a Mk4 Jetta?

german_cargo

TDI
2004 Golf TDI (328,000 kms)
They're off a 2003 Subaru Forester. The bolt pattern works but the rim width is half an inch wider than stock VW, and the offset is +55 instead of +42. The center bore is 1mm smaller. And the tires on them are 215 65 R16. I'm planning a 1-2" lift in the near future but I also want to see if these would fit with no lift without adjusting the steering stops. I don't mind doing some trimming in the fender area.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/...-4/1418572605?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
The tires would be left on for the summer and replaced going into the winter with something about the same size. I like the rims, but yes -- I'm also into the "Offroader Jetta" look.

mk116v

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
I can't say for sure that the wheels will fit. Tires, probably not. You can find online tire size calculators. Factory size for a mk4 with 16" wheels is 205/55r16. I definitely wouldn't suggest going with anything taller. As far as the wheels go, I've personally tried fitting 16" wheels from an outback. They did not clear the calipers and would require wheel spacers.

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Quick internet search shows the subaru 5 lugs on the 2003+ cars is a 5x100 pattern, just like our cars. I think I saw some on the private/for sale forum once too.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Quick internet search shows the subaru 5 lugs on the 2003+ cars is a 5x100 pattern, just like our cars. I think I saw some on the private/for sale forum once too.
They will not fit without opening up the centerbore. I've read forum posts where someone used a router to machine them. Scary...

Tires are a little tall - nothing else seems out of the usable range. Use one of the online wheel fitment guides to compare offsets.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nope, won't work. Tried it when my son still had the '01 Jetta, but I never tried to see how VW wheels fit on the 98 Legacy wagon....

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
It kind of works the other way around, vw rims on a Subaru, but vw rims have ball seats and Subaru have conical ones. Also the hub diameter is off by 1mm which again works the other way around but like said above some grinding is required to put them on a VW.

I'd probably give it a shot for the price on Kijiji.