Are you driving a stock or tuned '15 Golf TDI (post fix)?

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Petee_c

Sorry just saw your question to me. Not sure what you are looking for as far as updates. I did experience some dmf shudder so Mark and Owain at Malone quickly made a small change and since reflashing with the updated tune the dmf shudder is gone. Other that than my fuel mileage has steadily increased with each tank. Granted I’ve only had the car for a month and a few days but first tank was 41.1 mpg hand calculated and last was 42.6. Mostly city driving. 4th refill. Also, I’m a horrible forum user so not sure how to quote and whatnot. Hopefully you’ll see this.
Chattowntdi,

Thank you for the update...

My experience in my other vehicles with Malone have been great...

I'm just NOT willing to risk getting flagged td1 with 7yrs and 190K km left on the powertrain /emissions warranty.

Peter

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chattowntdi

TDI
‘15 golf 6mt Malone stage 2, Buzzken delete, '04 Jetta 5 speed (sold), '02 Jetta 5 speed (also sold)
Peter,

This is my second tdi that’s had a Malone tune and I agree. Nothing but praise. However, I cannot comment on the voiding of the warranty as I’ve not had any issues as of yet. But knowing how manufacturers are I’m sure they would void warranty work if they discover a tune on the car. Which I’m sure they would find. I guess it’s kind of a risk you have to take if you want to get a tune. I do still have all my emissions equipment intact and fully functional FYI.

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
I have owned my car since may of 2015, I have both parts of the fix done and all the way around very happy with the car. I have not done any tweaks yet, plan on it soon. As far as for being stock, I won't be for much longer, I have the Rawtek fell delete waiting to go on and will be doing what you talked about, will be ordering a flashzilla through MAlone to get a stage 2 tune as well. If you haven't gotten the car get it and enjoy it. I hope to enjoy this one for a long time to come

Daks

TDI
golf
Bought the car in Feb of last year had it tuned by Malone within the week. Can't imagine driving the car without the tune. Took it back to VW a few times after i flashed it with no issues.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Bought the car in Feb of last year had it tuned by Malone within the week. Can't imagine driving the car without the tune. Took it back to VW a few times after i flashed it with no issues.
what issues did you have with the vehicle which required you to visit the dealership?

Daks

TDI
golf
what issues did you have with the vehicle which required you to visit the dealership?
Shifter cable was getting stuck; phase 2 fix; and most recently some noise coming from the passenger side of the engine bay they were unable to diagnose.