Malone Stage 2

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
but what does the DSG tune even do? I dont understand what it does? Just sift points? How can that be a wiser investment?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
i'd be interested in both if there were a price break package, or a sale of some kind... no real hurry as my GSW isn't even close to broken in.

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
but what does the DSG tune even do? I dont understand what it does? Just sift points? How can that be a wiser investment?
My perception of the DSG tune is that it makes the car shift much more smoothly -- it really makes it more pleasurable to drive. Also eliminates the low-speed "stumbling".

Much less importantly, it's fun to see the gears you are in (if you are in third gear, for excample, in Drive it will display D3, in Sport S3).

As always YMMV

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Much less importantly, it's fun to see the gears you are in (if you are in third gear, for excample, in Drive it will display D3, in Sport S3).
As always YMMV
Interesting about the display.
But having said that, it would also tell a VW dealer that there has been more done to the car than there should be???
Makes me wonder if Malone can also edit that display out !!!

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
My perception of the DSG tune is that it makes the car shift much more smoothly -- it really makes it more pleasurable to drive. Also eliminates the low-speed "stumbling".

As always YMMV
I believe the DSG tune also increases the torque limiters in the trans. I have the Malone Stage 2 and the DSG tune and I really like them. So much so that I have been bitten by the hp bug and I am like a crack head now, selling everything for more and more! :D:eek:

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Interesting about the display.
But having said that, it would also tell a VW dealer that there has been more done to the car than there should be???
Makes me wonder if Malone can also edit that display out !!!
I accept that the dealer will know this car has been tuned and I am willing to take the consequences. I think anyone who tunes shouold be prepared for the consequences. I anticipate I will be selling this car back to VW in the fall of 2018, tuned & all, but nobody has crystal ball.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Sport mode, traction control off, foot on the brake, throttle to 100% it should build and hold RPM, then let go of the brake.

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
I accept that the dealer will know this car has been tuned and I am willing to take the consequences. I think anyone who tunes shouold be prepared for the consequences. I anticipate I will be selling this car back to VW in the fall of 2018, tuned & all, but nobody has crystal ball.
FYI - You can purchase a FlashZilla 3 and have Malone send you the original/stock tune for your car. You then upload the file to the FZ3 (it will have both tunes btw) and finally you can plug the FZ3 into your OBDII connection below the dash and put the original tune back in place.

And for what it is worth, if you are going to take the buy back option, having a tune will mean nothing. They do not check anything but the mileage before they hand you your check.

named tintin

Veteran Member
TDI
golf tdi
What the limiter is doing in an DSG is to tell the engine ECU what to do, and there is mapping in the ECU for this, and is what need to be modified if you can't afford a DSG tune for now, no need to falsify engine torque at all, this work even better than a DSG tune, but still the clutch pressure, shift point, etc remain stock, so for an agressive tune it's not good.