VCDS/VAGCOM anyone near me?

04whitetrain

TDI
2004 VW Jetta TDi (BEW)
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was anyone relatively close to me 16342 (zip code) that has VCDS/VAGCOM that could help me out. I have on 04 BEW PD that is failing boost. I did vacuum test on lines and everything seems fine, haven't found any cracks or leaking in hosing/piping, but does make whistling noise when driving. Unfortunately, only builds boost to 5psi then goes into limp mode and won't allow you to build boost from thereon until you cycle the key and restart. I tried unplugged the throttle position sensor and driving it, it will allow it to only build up to 9psi but no more and then if you plug it back in does the same thing by going into limp mode. I checked the wastegate actuator and rod actuator, all good. Check engine light code is P0299 (underboost). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Is the support bracket for the pipes, I forget which one, in place? A missing bracket that was not reinstalled from a earlier recall could cause this upper pipe to crack. This was an '04 problem. There is a stickie here that lists those with VCDS by location.

04whitetrain

TDI
2004 VW Jetta TDi (BEW)
As far as I know the pipes are fine. I know I probable shouldn't have, but I wasn't sure what else to do so I prayed some carb cleaner around the pipes and hoses to see if it did anything, and nothing ):