2013 Passat Bluetooth Moudle for RNS510 w/Fender Audio

FMinMI

TDI
Hello all,

I am retrofitting my 2012 Golf with the RNS510 NAV unit for the larger backup screen and navigation map to help my aging eyes. The radio I had was the RNS315 and found out I need to buy the bluetooth module as well but I found a number of module 'numbers' and want to make sure I get the correct one. The RNS510 came out of a 2013 Passat with the Fender audio system according to the person I bought it from. He sold the car (buy back I believe) putting in an older radio head but didn't realize the BT unit was separate.

I was hoping someone on the forums that I follow had the same system in their car and could look at the module for the part number. The BT is located under the passenger seat in a foam 'block'. It is not bolted in place or hidden under the rug - I was told it just sits under the seat and is easy to get to. The number is something like 7P6 035 730 with a letter at the end (e.g. C, F, K, N). I have also found some modules that start with a 5K0. If someone could tell me what they have, it would be a great help. I know I could also go to a VW dealer but mine doesn't like to answer questions - just collect money.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Frank

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I just ran the VIN for my old 2013 Passat TDI SEL with Fender and bluetooth.

The part number that comes up is 7P6-035-730-N (superceedes from 7P6-035-730-K). So either part number will work.

FMinMI

TDI
I just ran the VIN for my old 2013 Passat TDI SEL with Fender and bluetooth.

The part number that comes up is 7P6-035-730-N (superceedes from 7P6-035-730-K). So either part number will work.
Great. Thank you! The only issue is the price on the "N"! eBay is showing just a few but very expensive.

You said the K should work? Do you know where I can find out what the differences might be? I can find several K units that are pretty reasonable (under $100) and would definitely like to pay that price :). I wonder if I will still have to take my car to the VW dealer to program the K unit if it originally was paired with a N one...

Thanks for any input.

Frank in Michigan

FMinMI

TDI
UPDATE: I found a "K" module at a local salvage yard in a Jetta. Bought it for $50 with the foam and connectors. Plugged it in and it worked fine! Even ended up with some new phone numbers :)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Frank