Gen 2 software fix, would ECU tune revert back to old software?

Burnt

TDI
A7
Been hearing that fixes have been detrimental to power in 2.0L fixes, I'm assuming it'll be the same for 3.0L.

Assuming I partake in the 3.0L software fix and get compensation, will a ECU tune delete all of the software fixes and restore power figures for that tune?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd have to see some dyno numbers pre and post fix to determine if any power was lost. Probably a reverse placebo effect. You'd be surprised how many folks claim they feel increased power after doing an oil change. An aftermarket tune would use a completely different program.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Yes.

If there's a hardware mod the tuners will need to break the new software and tune to take the new hardware in to account, so it may be a bit of time before there are tunes.

We haven't seen a 3.0 fix yet anyway, so let's see how it comes out. It may be completely unnoticeable except for an extra DEF fill-up between services and the need to install a new catalyst, which won't be on your nickle anyway.

ecode

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
I spoke to Malone about this and they said that they will tweak their tunes after the fix is complete and then let owners retune their cars.

colezy9

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI Highline
Any info on status of 2.0 Gen2 fix and its approval? Think they will have one by June 15, 2018?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
No new info yet. Remember the warranty (do you want it to be valid) in any plan to retune your vehicle.