Coming back to VW Diesel - Service Manual help

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Haven't had a diesel car since my 79 Rabbit. 400k Miles and one working glow plug on that thing when I sold it in 1999 and I still see it around town.

I always have been one to check on certain things in between service by a mechanic that actually knows what the heck he is doing. :p

So I was wondering if anyone had the Passat field service manual or a link to it so I can get familiar with some things I like to be familiar with on diesels.

Things like fuel filter service and water drain location if applicable.

Oh and this may sound stupid but do they have glow plugs? The owners manual talks of a glow plug light and procedure but I'll be danged if I saw it on the dash and the sucker just fires right up.

Thanks

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I'm not yet aware of service manual. Yes, there are at least 4 glow plugs (not sure if additional for coolant, etc.). Less than ideal, but you'll find most of your answers by searching in this forum or either of the A6 ones.

vimaana

TDI
2012 Jetta
I can report that currently the online manuals I saw available through erwin are PDFs. Only the technotes need to be printed to PDF to save them offline. I only looked at 2012 Jetta TDI however.