Missing issues? on 2011 Jetta Sportwagen CJAA engine

brandonchristine

TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen and sedan
Hello everyone brand new here so sorry if I'm not doing all this correct way. But i am needing some help. The other day i had to get out into traffic and my jetta kinda petered out when i was trying to get in front of some other cars so i put the pedal to the floor and it took off all a sudden chirping tires. Well then all a sudden the glow plug light starts flashing and it went into limp mode. As soon as i got up to a little speed was going down a little incline i put it in neutral and turn car off and started it back up. Everything was good glow plug light no longer flashing or anything was coasting downhill. So when i got to where i needed to give it some throttle it jerked a couple times and the glow plug light flashed again and went into limp mode same thing as last time only this time the check engine light also appeared. So i went down the road a little further and there was another hill i put it in neutral again and turned it off and back on everything was good from then on until i got home about 40 miles or so. But the check engine light did stay on. So i woke up next day to go to my buddies to use his snap on scan tool and my check engine light was off. I ended up going over anyway scanned my car and there was a stored code of 000801 or p0321 engine speed sensor implausible signal. I already have my other Jetta at the body shop so i can't afford to take this one in right now because i need something to drive. But i have been driving it for a couple days now since this has happen and like i said no longer have a check engine light on but every now and then and its completely random you will feel a quick jerk. Maybe almost like it misses (I SURE HOPE ITS NOT A TRANNY PROBLEM). Only feel it once maybe twice in a 45 mile trip. like this morning it jerked once up around 80 MPH and then i stopped at a stop light and went to take off and it jerked a couple times but never throws any lights. Im going to get a fuel filter for it when i leave work today but the one in it is only about 10-12K miles old. I do regular maintenance on the car. If anyone has any pointers that would be greatly appreciated I really don't wanna take it to a dealer. Although its supposed to be under warranty according to the extended emissions warranty coverage paper. But they are still going to charge me $95 just to look at it then said if its under warranty i will get that back.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
OBD works, it pointed to the CKP sensor. So I'd start with checking the wiring to it, and if nothing jumps out (like, wiggling the harness while the engine is running, etc.), then I'd go after the sensor.

It is dug in there, takes a while to get out. Book time is 2.7hr.

Even with the front of the car removed, still cannot easily see it!

brandonchristine

TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen and sedan
i have moved the wiring on the sensor a little bit with a long screw driver but it wasn't running i was just wanting to check to make sure it was all the way on and i thought maybe if it wasn't a good connection it may help to kinda just move it around. But still doing it things are hard to diagnose when there so sporadic like it is. I just wish the check engine light would come back on then i could take it in to the dealer and it should be covered under the emissions warranty that they gave the car when they did the update. It states any malfunction detected by the on board diagnostic system is something thats covered. All though the previous code is still stored in there i didn't delete the codes just for that reason.