Need new blower motor resistor?

Shouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GL - 185k
Took apart the car to fix the HVAC box flaps and swapped out the heater core. Also noticed my Blower motor resistor looks like poo. All fan speeds still work fine b/4 the job. I have the box put back in but I believe it's still easy to replace the resistor at this point (glovebox not in yet). Judging by the picture, should I be looking at a new resistor or is this normal wear? thanks.

Shouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GL - 185k
A how-to on what? The whole HVAC disassembly? I have all that information (it's out there, just not easily found) if someone needs it. Removing the resistor pack is very easy if that is all that's needed? removing the blower motor w/o removing the hidden glovebox bolt is a little trickier. Not sure if I"m going to put back in the hidden glovebox bolt yet.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Sorry I was not clear, the whole HVAC disassembly. Or even just point out your sources of information.
The need to replace the foam on the doors will catch up with most of us.

Shouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GL - 185k
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4188858
That's the main HVAC removal page. It has a linked in the instructions for dash removal and the dash removal has 3 links for interior 1, interior 2, and steering column. That SHOULD be all you need to get the job done.

I'll take your guy's advice, don't replace it until it breaks.