Is it time to sell??

edward.dillard@gmail.com

TDI
2000 Golf
the turbo let go on tuesday just tring to decide if i should keep it or get rid of it now befor it cost me too much more money.
so far 150.00 maf (thanks K&N) 600.00 timing belt and w/p (did it myself)
1000.00 trans valve body (did that myself too) cooling fan 200.00 ( replace that myself) now needs turbo. and the injector pump seems to be noisey. should i sell or keep dumping money into it?

chromeBuddha

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual
What are the symptoms of the turbo being dead?
It sounds like you have replaced many of the wear items and done the major maintenance item (TB). There have been several used turbos for sale of late in the <$400 range.

But many shops diagnose the turbo bad when it isn't. I missed the thread on your turbo if you had one.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
That's usually caused by a bad N75, a cracked vacuum line, sticky VNT actuator or clogged intake. Those are all simple to check.

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
You should be able to get a brand new one for about $600. Outfit out of California carries them. Performance something. Can't remember name for sure. Would have to do some searching which I don't have the time right now.

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
How much if you are selling it?

edward.dillard@gmail.com said:
the turbo let go on tuesday just tring to decide if i should keep it or get rid of it now befor it cost me too much more money.
so far 150.00 maf (thanks K&N) 600.00 timing belt and w/p (did it myself)
1000.00 trans valve body (did that myself too) cooling fan 200.00 ( replace that myself) now needs turbo. and the injector pump seems to be noisey. should i sell or keep dumping money into it?
If you are selling the car. How much do you want and what : YEAR/MODEL is the car. I could use another car for I do a lot of driving. Living in Florida, does it have any rust on it?