Lower grill for sportwagen

Petra's cousin

TDI
Mk VI TDI Golf Wagon
Anyone have any leads or links for a replacement lower grill for a 2011 sportwagen that doesn't cost a mint (either to ship from the US or is just really expensive to begin with). Preference is for a honeycomb grill (looks like you can buy them in the $50 range down south of the border, but no one ships to Canada, or if they do, its like $100 to ship).

Looks like on a recent trip to BC I took a hefty rock hit to the grill without noticing it. Found the rock inside the driver's side bumper and wondered how it got there (rock was ~robins egg sized), then finally put 2 & 2 together that the slit in my lower grill winter cover was how the rock got in there and when I pulled it back the plastic slats were destroyed.

Thanks, John

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Aftermarket honeycombs are like $30 on ebay, but shipping is probably the problem there too.

Petra's cousin

TDI
Mk VI TDI Golf Wagon
Aftermarket honeycombs are like $30 on ebay, but shipping is probably the problem there too.
Yep, found all those in the $30-50 range, but probably 99% of the ones I scanned through wanted $95 for shipping. I suspect they are all the same grill vendor with different names.

John