///// How safe are our cars in terms of Cornoa virus protection / HEPA filter? ////

300D

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6
The mask works if everyone wears them and isn't intended to protect the person wearing it. It's meant to protect everyone else around them by trapping the moisture particles that could be contaminated.
That includes surgical masks. The doctor wears it to prevent contamination of the opening of the patient.
The trick is for masks to work everyone needs to wear them.
This. If everyone in our country would just read this, understand it, and practice it, we would be way farther ahead in this mess than we are.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Glad to hear there are some out there who effing get it. How this became a political/social issue is insane. It's a pandemic, we'll get thru it.

Our cars provide the same protection as any other car/truck. You are completely safe in your TDI.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I can't even find a fookin dust mask to sand some drywall because people think it'll protect them from a virus.
Ive never seen so much fear and blind obediance of so many.

They are finding that mask overuse is counter productive because of the hot moist breeding grounds.

Common sense and cleanliness has kept my immunity system strong every flu season. Immune systems have to be "challenged" to be strong. As a nation we are dependant on pharma. Actually weakening your own bodies ability to fight.
Seriously "hear" the disclaimers after EVERY wonder drug commercial.

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
So back in tdi land we dont need to discuss this any further.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Ive never seen so much fear and blind obediance of so many.

They are finding that mask overuse is counter productive because of the hot moist breeding grounds.
No they aren't.

As a nation we are dependant on pharma. Actually weakening your own bodies ability to fight.
This isn't true either.

You clearly have no understanding of how the immune system works. You are no expert in medicine or have bothered to educate yourself from reliable sources. I regularly treat people affected by this virus and it is unpredictably devastating even in people with good heath, and having nothing to due with what pharma is doing.

You can have whatever personal opinion you might about recommendations, people being sheep, whatever, but please keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
No they aren't.
This isn't true either.
You clearly have no understanding of how the immune system works. You are no expert in medicine or have bothered to educate yourself from reliable sources. I regularly treat people affected by this virus and it is unpredictably devastating even in people with good heath, and having nothing to due with what pharma is doing.
You can have whatever personal opinion you might about recommendations, people being sheep, whatever, but please keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself.
Those statements in themself are ignorant. If you cared to have read completely, I have great compassion for those effected by it, it can have severe outcome to select groups. And who are you to say I have no understanding in the immune system? I myself am a 17 year quadrapelegic (motorcycle accident) super high risk catagory. Statistically should be dead. Ha. I refuse to play dead in fear, but choose to live healthy, build my imune system. Live life.

As far as keeping my ignorant thoughts to myself. Thats actually what I find so amusing about the type who ignorantly and blindly accept, against real facts, some of the more crazy portions of this whole thing.

My point with pharma overuse is everything to do with what pharma is doing.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Live your life. Enjoy the beautiful things. But be careful and think of others as well. Wear a mask in crowded areas(or just avoid those areas)for now. I don't like it either, but it puts others at ease even if you think it's not helpful.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Those statements in themself are ignorant. If you cared to have read completely, I have great compassion for those effected by it, it can have severe outcome to select groups. And who are you to say I have no understanding in the immune system? I myself am a 17 year quadrapelegic (motorcycle accident) super high risk catagory. Statistically should be dead. Ha. I refuse to play dead in fear, but choose to live healthy, build my imune system. Live life.
As far as keeping my ignorant thoughts to myself. Thats actually what I find so amusing about the type who ignorantly and blindly accept, against real facts, some of the more crazy portions of this whole thing.
My point with pharma overuse is everything to do with what pharma is doing.
When you stop making false statements, you'll have more credibility.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
When you stop making false statements, you'll have more credibility.
Not excepting of some nonsense does not equate to false statements. I dont really need your credibility... Thank you anyway

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It'll be ok. Just use good judgement.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
This filter would be excellent for trapping anything...LOL