How to reset service/insp message on 2014 TDI Jetta??

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
The scan tool cannot do it because it is programmed in part of the computer in the car that is controlled from the MFD settings screen. This is what the VCDS is telling you. I have forgotten a couple of times and then remembered to do it from the MFD. Settings / service (I think).

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
The scan tool cannot do it because it is programmed in part of the computer in the car that is controlled from the MFD settings screen. This is what the VCDS is telling you. I have forgotten a couple of times and then remembered to do it from the MFD. Settings / service (I think).
funny i reset mine with vcds every time

Anomie

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta DSG
Is that applicable on a lowline cluster? I have a MkV, and this is my second encounter with this car so my knowledge and experience is essentially nonexistent.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Is that applicable on a lowline cluster? I have a MkV, and this is my second encounter with this car so my knowledge and experience is essentially nonexistent.
if you have a mk5 then your in the wrong section...mk6 jettas can be reset by vcds

Anomie

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta DSG
if you have a mk5 then your in the wrong section...mk6 jettas can be reset by vcds
I have a MkV, but the car in question was a 2014 Jetta TDI. As I don't own that car, my interactions with it and other MkVI's is next to nothing.

Jagal

TDI
'11 335D '13 Passat TDI SEL
Most 2014 owners received 20k maintenance and most probably have not reached 40k like I have in just over one year so this will be an issue for more and more as the 14's reach 40 k.
I'll let you know what happens on my 60k, doing that next month.

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
I have a 2014. I had figure this out myself. VCDS did not reset it. I had to use the buttons on the dash.

I was approaching my 40K service and I had to go to Michigan for a Funeral.

I planned on doing the 40k service the weekend after, however a car ran a red light, and hit me in the rear quarter. About $11k to repair.

It is being repaired in Michigan. I will do my 40k service once I get it back, near the end of August.

mashbrid

TDI
2014 Jetta
This sounds dorky, but it works.
Take key out of ignition, turn on flashers, hold 0.0/SET button, put foot on brakes, start car, release 0.0/SET and press the opposite button to it on the dash. Turn of the car and you are good to go.

Anomie

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta DSG
This sounds dorky, but it works.
Take key out of ignition, turn on flashers, hold 0.0/SET button, put foot on brakes, start car, release 0.0/SET and press the opposite button to it on the dash. Turn of the car and you are good to go.
Where did you read that the flashers had to be on?

Potna

TDI
03 Jetta crashed replaced with a 2015, 09 Audi Q7
I am having the same issue with my 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, if I read or see one more hold 0.0/set or clock set button wile turning ignition on I will snap. With flasher or without this does not work! I have no doubt this works on previous years or lower packages but not mine. Has anyone cleared a 2015 oil change light with the higher package (no < > on blinker). VCDS will tell you to go to (select) (17 instruments) (Adaptation) then chose channel ESI: resetting ESI. My problem here is "no channel available" to select reset?

dmandn

TDI
Jetta 103TDI
I am having the same issue with my 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, if I read or see one more hold 0.0/set or clock set button wile turning ignition on I will snap. With flasher or without this does not work! I have no doubt this works on previous years or lower packages but not mine. Has anyone cleared a 2015 oil change light with the higher package (no < > on blinker). VCDS will tell you to go to (select) (17 instruments) (Adaptation) then chose channel ESI: resetting ESI. My problem here is "no channel available" to select reset?
The hazards/flashers method only works on the inspection not the service. I have not found one that resets the service one for a 2014.

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
&*($%$dealer did my 20K service for free on my wifes 14 passat, didn't re-set the reminder and I tried per the service manual, NOT WORKING. Gonna have to break out VCDS I guess

Potna

TDI
03 Jetta crashed replaced with a 2015, 09 Audi Q7
&*($%$dealer did my 20K service for free on my wifes 14 passat, didn't re-set the reminder and I tried per the service manual, NOT WORKING. Gonna have to break out VCDS I guess
Good Luck, VCDS is useless for my oil change light issue. I hope to talk to dealership tomorrow

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
I've found you need to have the flashers on, hold the res-set button and then release it.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
For 2014:

Flashers on for inspection light.
Just buttons (hold right button, then ignition on, let go of right button, then press right & left button at same time, if you have buttons on top of steering wheel, hit okay on the right side) for service light.

For 2013:
It's in the Mfi, just scroll to settings, down to service, reset, okay, done.

(I have not tried a 2015)

austi012

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
My daughter has a 2015 Jetta (non-TDi). I have been trying to reset the *&^%$# oil and service lights for the last hour, using every method in the manual, the web, etc.

I am developing an outright HATRED for everything VW. Whoever designed this system is a total, complete, utter bag of dicks.

I guess they can't help but obfuscate instruction sets in their code. It doesn't pass QA in Wolfsburg unless it contains at least 3 instances of fraud and intentional malfunction.

Alan Drake

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 DSG
My daughter has a 2015 Jetta (non-TDi). I have been trying to reset the *&^%$# oil and service lights for the last hour, using every method in the manual, the web, etc.

I am developing an outright HATRED for everything VW. Whoever designed this system is a total, complete, utter bag of dicks.

I guess they can't help but obfuscate instruction sets in their code. It doesn't pass QA in Wolfsburg unless it contains at least 3 instances of fraud and intentional malfunction.
And if that had to do with diesel gate it would be fine HOWEVER -
Has anyone got a method to rest that wrench on a 2015 ?? and where are you finding in manual? what a PITA !!!
OK found in manual (it's the secret part not listed) page 23 - mine worked under the basic display (second listing) Only been playing with for 2 hours now.

VW customer service has changed their numbers so getting them sometimes works but not today. If you run into trouble keep calling them, if VW pays attention to theses calls ?? then maybe the future will be better.

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
On my free 20k service the service manager said the tech could not reset the light on my 2014 and thought the buttons were broken. He wanted me to take the car back in so they could pull the cluster, lol. I wasn't going for that and I knew after 20k I would be doing my own maintenance. They must have changed the procedure for 2014 cars because we aren't the only ones with this problem. If you find anything out let me know but it's been months of mine saying I need a service lol. Kind of annoying on a brand new car.
Yeah my 2014 has been doing that over 100K miles. I tried resetting with vcds but it won't . Ahh well I just drive that junk to work and back I may have to take another look at it on a rainy sunday afternoon.

Joe Romas

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sprotswagen
On my 2014 TDI Jetta Sport Wagen I pushed and held the 00 trip button on the right and turned on the key. It then asked me if I wanted to reset the oil light and defaulted to YES and I pushed the center button on the right side of the steering wheel and it's gone.