Wiper Blade Refills

BDison

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
I'm needing some blades or refills for my Jetta. I used to use the Lexor B refills at Whirlmart but they stopped selling them. What are good ones to use that are inexpensive? Are the refills at the dealership good/inexpensive?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I just bought a bunch of BOSCH refills for the PDX crowd...although we have no idea where you are from...
Anyway, they can be had--expect to pay ~$16 or so for a set.
Cheers,
-BB

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
I was thinking about trying the "siliblades" this time (more expensive than the $8 I pay at the dealer for refills), and am hoping they don't stiffen up as quickly as the rubber ones.

Rob

BDison

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
I just went with refills at the dealership this time. My other option was going with Trico Innovision, but they were more than I wanted to spend at the time.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I was thinking about trying the "siliblades" this time (more expensive than the $8 I pay at the dealer for refills), and am hoping they don't stiffen up as quickly as the rubber ones.

Rob

My OEM blades did that and they started to really suck. I just took some 120 grit sandpaper to them and got rid of the stiffness. Didn't take much at all and they are as good as new!!!

BDison

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
Sounds good if I had a windshield I didnt care about. It seems like a little grit from the sandpaper would embed in the rubber therfore scratching the windshield. I might be wrong but ....it just doesnt sound good.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Sounds good if I had a windshield I didnt care about. It seems like a little grit from the sandpaper would embed in the rubber therfore scratching the windshield. I might be wrong but ....it just doesnt sound good.

Uh... I said 120 grit, not 1200
If you have 120 grit embedded into the wiper you were pressing a weeeee bit to hard..