Blinking Glow Plug light

nebtdi

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
2013 Passat. This thing is driving me nuts. The placement of the exhaust flap and the wiring is pure garbage if you live in the country on gravel roads. I have replaced the valve once had to redo the wiring numerous times. This time the wiring got knocked out of the clip and broke my zip ties and rubbed 2 wires in to and messed another up. It has the glow plug light flashing without and codes that really mean anything. The exhaust flap is stuck open and I cant make it turn using my scanner. Could this flap be bad also and cause the blinking glow plug light? I have the wires soldered back together. Before when it crapped out it just threw a code for the exhaust flap. This thing is about to get traded off if it keeps having stupid issues. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also only code it shows is P064100 and had the P047500 when I was messing with the exhaust flap.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I’ve read vw doesn’t recommend soldering wires, i would start with cutting the bad section out and replacing the wires using wire connectors then see what it does. If that solves the problem, maybe fasten a covering capable of withstanding high heat over the area so it quits getting damaged. I live in a rural area too with a dirt/rock driveway, I’m very aware of sticks, branches etc, don’t want to damage my cars.