EGR Delete after Remap

@Tdi VW

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Pumpe Duse
Hello guys.

I got my AVF remaped and closed the EGR from map (850 all values and go)
I wanna delete it physically too. Removing the anti shudder valve will the engine vibrate or knock when switching it off ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Yup. It's called an "anti-shudder" valve on purpose. :)

That said, unplug it and see if you can live with the shudder?

Also worth noting that it is potentially useful in the event of an uncontrolled runaway.

wheresmy10mm

TDI
03 Golf ALH
i just made a post asking about this, my car has an egr delete done to it, but it looks like they removed nothing more than the egr pipe itself and put a block off plate on the egr cooler and the bottom of the "shudder valve" as you guys seem to call it. its actually a vacuum shut off device.

then i have receipts for a malone EGR delete.
Im just wondering since the esd/vsd/"anti shudder valve" is still there and the vacuum line to the flap is still connected, the only one that was cut was the one that goes to the top of the egr thing.

does the Malone EGR delete allow for the shut off device to work? and if not could i get it to work with VAG-COM?

Last edited:

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
It's official title is in fact "anti-shudder valve"... on some TDIs it is vacuum-actuated, on others electronically.

It's purpose is to briefly cut off combustion air when the engine is initially turned off, thus eliminating a shutdown "shudder" or shake in the engine characteristic of this diesel design.

I say "briefly" because it is only actuated for a few seconds during engine shutdown, which is performed by shutting off engine fueling via the ECU.

Can't remember if there is an output test that exercises the anti-shudder valve but someone else here may know, or the Ross-Tech site will know for sure.

Last edited:

@Tdi VW

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Pumpe Duse
ASV does work even with egr maped out.
In fact it has nothing to do with egr.

I wanna remove egr completely since its leaking a lot lately

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk