2005 Passat TDI Wagon - 128K miles

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon/05 Passat Sedan/03 Jetta Wagon
I have a 2005 Passat TDI diesel wagon with 128K miles for sale in Marysville, WA. I bought it in the fall of 2018 as a second car when we moved here. Lots of receipts for parts and service completed prior to my purchase including rebuilding transmission. Timing belt/parts service, and BSM delete, completed at around 92K miles so it has a lot of life left until next service.

It has required almost nothing since we purchased except I replaced the window regulator pieces in the front passenger door and just had the coolant flange, tandem pump gasket, and sensor replaced due to a coolant leak. We have put a few thousands miles on it with no issues.

Just changed the oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter, and cabin filter so it is fresh in those areas. Leather is in really good condition, carpet is in good condition, and it has Passat rubber mats. Has the normal trim issues such as some of the vent tabs and rear ash tray (have it but pulled out for now) but overall it is a nice car. Paint is overall good condition, some noticeable scratches on both front doors when close.

Located in Marysville, WA. $5K OBO. I have a few more pictures, and a Facebook ad, let me know if you want to see anything specific.

--BREAK/BREAK--

I have property near Jacksonville, NC and left a few of my vehicles when I moved to WA. Not to confuse the post but I have a couple TDIs (an 05 Passat Sedan and 03 Jetta Wagon 5-speed) on my property near Jacksonville, NC that I may be looking to unload before I move out of country.

The Passat is in great overall cosmetic condition, great paint with some rust on one fender. Interior is immaculate as well. I purchased it with a bad water pump, got it home, tore it down to do timing belt kit and BSM delete and then moved before I got it all back together. On my last trip to NC I got everything almost back together, new timing belt and associated parts as well as new thermostat and housing. I wrapped everything up and flew out back to WA. I still have the parts for the BSM delete; I ran out of time, decided not to do it, and just worked to get it back running and fell short. It will also need a battery.

The Jetta wagon needs a timing belt (unknown last one) and probably a battery at this point, and a has a periodic limp mode that comes every few weeks randomly and resets immediately, but is a tight great driving car.

If anyone is local and seriously wants more information or wants to take a look, please let me know. All of the cars have clear titles.

Last edited:

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
You know, that wagon may very well have been the last 05 TDI sold new in the Puget Sound area. I know, because I bought the second to last one, and that wagon looks exactly like the one one still on the lot when I left. I've always kicked myself for not buying the wagon. $25k for either one, and I chose the fully loaded sedan.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
Who knows, anything is possible. Changed oil/filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, and air filter today at 128,261 miles. Also still have the rear head rests and rear trunk cover. Car is ready to go to a new home.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
I edited the first post because I fixed the right rear door lock issue and it is no longer a concern.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
I took a ton more pictures yesterday from every angle possible showing almost every single aspect of imperfection that I could. Send me a message if you are interested in the link for the pictures.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon in WA is sold. Cars in NC remain.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
I have responded to a few PMs. I am away from the cars for at least another month. Ideally the buyer would be local and could come check them out but I will get pictures and info when I am back on the property for those that have inquired.