Help! 2014 VW Passat SE TDI I4 voice recognition stuck in Czech!

InCaseyWood

TDI
2014 VW Passat SE TDI I4
Hello all! I am new to the forum, and am looking for some help. I just bought my 2014 VW Passat SE TDI I4 from a used car dealer. The language in the dash menu and the radio were both already set to English, but the voice recognition system is stuck in Czech.

I have found a few recommendations for how to fix this online, but none of them have worked. Here's what I've tried:

Switch the language in the dash to another language, then back to English.

Switch the language on the radio to another language, then back to English.

Unpair my phone with the car, switch my phone to another language, pair it, then switch it back to English.

Unpair my phone, switch my phone to another language, set the language of the car to the same language as my phone, pair my phone with the car. Then unpair the phone, switch it and the car to English, then pair the phone with the car again.

Unpair my phone, pair my wife's phone.

Forget all phones and pair my phone.

Forget all phones and pair my wife's phone.

Pair my wife's phone while my phone is paired so that it switches over to my wife's phone.

And anything else I've been able to think of that might work. Still, no matter what I do, no matter what language I put it in, the voice recognition system always speaks to me in Czech. I'm at my wits end!

I called the VW dealer and they said even though it would only take a couple of minutes to use their scanner and reprogram the software to fix the issue, they have to log the fact that they connected their scanner to my car with VW, and that takes time, so they'll charge me $100.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Factory reset on the radio and the instrument cluster? I think there is an option under settings to do a factory reset in the cluster. For the radio, it depends on the model of the radio. I have a 14 sel Premium and I don’t think i’ve ever done anything with voice recognition.

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
Find someone w/a VCDS or get your own, sounds like a simple coding issue.

jpg98

TDI
2014 TDI SEL Premium
I accidentally set my voice guidance to Czech right after I got my 2014 Passat. I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but it was definitely a setting that I accessed through the dash display via the steering wheel buttons. Good luck with it.