MK5 Jetta TDI -- Front end differences between manual and auto trans

bmw m3 s50

Veteran Member
TDI
mkV
MK5 Jetta TDI -- Front end differences between manual and auto trans

Hey

I am fixing a 2006 Jetta TDI manual that was involved in a front end accident. The whole front end needs to be replaced. I found another 2006 Jetta TDI with a bad motor but it's an auto trans.

Would all the parts swap over to my manual car or are there differences between the manual and auto front ends.

I know the radiators are different but is there anything else?

Any help would be great .... Thanks

bmw m3 s50

Veteran Member
TDI
mkV
Are the radiators different? I thought the only difference was the coolant lines.
You can check partsbase.org to verify.
-J
Thats what I got from VW that the auto used a larger radiator prob to help cool the dsg transmission. They said the fans, intercooler, rad support etc are all the same. Is this true?
Can you use an auto radiator on the manual car?
Are there any other differences?
Just trying to be 100% sure

Last edited:

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
DSG cooler is trans mounted and plumbing differences happen outside the radiator unlike many other auto trans cars with the cooler in the radiator. I think you should be fine.

bmw m3 s50

Veteran Member
TDI
mkV
DSG cooler is trans mounted and plumbing differences happen outside the radiator unlike many other auto trans cars with the cooler in the radiator. I think you should be fine.
Hey do you know if there is any other front end parts I should be aware of when using a front end from and auto onto a manual car?