Fastest ALH 1/4 mile?

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
What is the fastest recorded 1/4 mile time with a mk4 bodied ALH
And its list of mods ( major mods atleast)

Personally i ran a 13.916 at texas motorplex.

Im working on machining larger nozzles (race 520's currently) because i dont have anywhere near enough fuel .

With my new nozzles and 12mm head im planning to be in the mid 12's

And a bit lower with nitrous added to the mix.

Im just looking to see how much more i need to break a record :)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Take a look at the top of this forum section and click on the link titled "log of quarter mile times" for some numbers, although I believe there have been faster since that was updated.

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
You're going to try to cut over 1 second with nozzles and a 12mm? :confused: Are these magical nozzles? Will you get these from the same guy that sold Jack magical beans?

Goood luck but I think you're being way too optimistic.

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
Well these nozzles will not be streetable at all. They will be 5 holes but 175% larger than r520's and will be flowing to the limit if not more than the 12mm can handle

These nozzles will be machined by my buddy and i . I Just got finish fabricating a fixture and i will get them going on his mill

My car is 100% smoke free once it hits boost if i can keep it fueled all the way down the track i think i can greatly improve my times.

I guess track slips will prove Me right or wrong.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Look at the 1/4 mile sticky. Some times still need to be posted up on the spreadsheet but AFAIK Andy has the fastest VE. He is running low 11s without N20 :eek:

The 12mm is likely not going to be enough for a record. That 13.5/14mm head probably won't be enough either. Changing the pump is the only way for fueling that isn't rpm-limited like a 12 or 14mm head setup is
And then there is boost. I seriously doubt a single gtb2260vk will be enough even in a light Polo to break any records unless you get lucky with tons of N20

It takes a LOT of effort to lose the 2+ seconds off your ET for a record of some sort...

Last edited:

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
I can get to work on a compound setup but i want it to remain a daily driver (swap injectors back to r520's for street use ofcourse)

And is andys a mk4 bodied or is it a swap?

Im also looking to keep a electronically tunable pump. So head changes is all i will do for now. No 4bt swap yet

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Andy's is a swap but the engine mods are relevant. That's the level of power it takes to get decent 1/4 mile times out of these cars

Rich's MKIV beetle is the fastest non-swap VE in North America AFAIK
That time is on the sticky. You're much closer to beating that time.

A daily driver and "world's fastest VE" probably don't belong in the same sentence

BUT you could probably go for a record at the Texas Mile. There was a guy named Greg (aka "Greggles") that tried that once upon a time :D

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
Well not world record fast. But pretty danm fast. And like i said. Ill have two different sets of injectors.

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
It's really fast for a car that get 50 mpg....:)

Most 13 second cars get 10-20 at best

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Also if you are driving it down to the track I would think you would want different front tires since street tires won't give you the starting traction I would think to be breaking records.

Eagleee

TDI
1.9 tdi
Look at the 1/4 mile sticky. Some times still need to be posted up on the spreadsheet but AFAIK Andy has the fastest VE. He is running low 11s without N20 :eek:

The 12mm is likely not going to be enough for a record. That 13.5/14mm head probably won't be enough either. Changing the pump is the only way for fueling that isn't rpm-limited like a 12 or 14mm head setup is
And then there is boost. I seriously doubt a single gtb2260vk will be enough even in a light Polo to break any records unless you get lucky with tons of N20

It takes a LOT of effort to lose the 2+ seconds off your ET for a record of some sort...
Interesting..what pump can do 15mm head and are god for high revs ?

Eagleee

TDI
1.9 tdi
So rotary wont go past 350 p at high rpm.

On what engine was inline pump what is capable to deliver the required fuel?

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
I have m/t 9" slicks on my steelies

I Always trailer it to the track with my pickup incase i break something.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
So rotary wont go past 350 p at high rpm.

On what engine was inline pump what is capable to deliver the required fuel?

The 4 cylinder Bosch A-pump came on many different engines.The one I'm using is from a 3.9L cummins.It has been modified and puts out 230cc's fuel.
If you are looking more info on these pumps there are guys overseas that really know how to work these pumps on a vw TDI.

One website is here http://www.brotherstoy.nl/te_koop.htm

In the US I have had very good help from these guys http://www.wimerfuelinjection.com/ They custom grind the pump's camshaft In house to a better profile.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
What kindda turbo you plan to use with miracle nozzles? you may find that the turbo would do more for your 1/4 mi times than the nozzles and 12 mm fuel pump... not much point pumping a bunch of fuel into your cylinders if you do not have the oxygen to burn it ;)

What is the fastest recorded 1/4 mile time with a mk4 bodied ALH
And its list of mods ( major mods atleast)

Personally i ran a 13.916 at texas motorplex.

Im working on machining larger nozzles (race 520's currently) because i dont have anywhere near enough fuel .

With my new nozzles and 12mm head im planning to be in the mid 12's

And a bit lower with nitrous added to the mix.

Im just looking to see how much more i need to break a record :)

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
currently running 34 psi out of a 2260 so im gona keep adding fuel until it smokes all the way down the track. Then run compounds up to 60 psi or so. And see where that gets me. If it cleans up the smoke then ill go with more fuel

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
The 4 cylinder Bosch A-pump came on many different engines.The one I'm using is from a 3.9L cummins.It has been modified and puts out 230cc's fuel.
If you are looking more info on these pumps there are guys overseas that really know how to work these pumps on a vw TDI.

One website is here http://www.brotherstoy.nl/te_koop.htm

In the US I have had very good help from these guys http://www.wimerfuelinjection.com/ They custom grind the pump's camshaft In house to a better profile.

Are that pump one 4BT cummins pump? what mods are necessary for fitting and what are nozzles used?
Incredible setup!!!:eek: