Fastest Quarter mile in TDI?

b13bliss

TDI
1991 GLI with an ALH swap
It seems that TDI's are getting more powerful all the time. So far, what is the fastest TDI powered quarter mile time you are aware of? Was this a "serious" run with tires, suspension, weight reduction? I know this isn't the TDI's strongest point, but it seems some are getting very encouraging results. Thanks in advance for your experiences/knowledge <font color="black"> </font> .

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
Fastest VE pump is like low 13s in a MKII in the UK (TDI-RS)
His car is a street car but its pretty serious.
There is 12 second seat PD in Spain I think.
Fastest in NA is high 14s (me) for now.
Lots of big power guys out there though.
My run was not as "serious" as it could have been.
I'll do a serious run when I get my car out of the paint shop...whenever that happens.

Most high HP guys in the US aren't too worried about 1/4 mile.

b13bliss

TDI
Thanks for that info. I am impressed. 14's is a strong run. I think as more guys push the envelope, and are putting down 190+ whp, we could see some low 14's/high 13's with the proper set-up for quick 60 foot times. That would be a blast. I guess I don't see the high HP guys setting their Jettas up for towing, so fast acceleration with the huge rush of the turbo diesel torque must be the goal.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Tomorrow is track day--we'll post Charlies 1/4 mile time.

b13bliss

TDI
QuickTD, thank you for the link, very informative. I did a search, but that one didn't come up. Wow! I look forward to hearing what the TDI community is doing this spring as the tracks open up. Maybe someone with 200whp and a stout clutch and strong axels will put some slicks on for a new benchmark
. Nice to see what's possible even in what isn't the TDI's strongest suit. I'm amazed.

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
I'll be happy when I can cleanly kick a WRX's A$$. I am not so interested in straight lines as I am the GT style, but you guys have my deepest respect!!!

Ynot

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Wow! I am amazed at that 13.07@107. That's quick! I want one of those
What HP does it take to do that?
Gobs and Gobs of hp! 250 at the flywheel and 232 at the wheels! Simon (tdi rs) has a MK2 Golf with a TDI engine transplant and it's been thuroughly tweaked! Check out their website HERE and Simon's car HERE.

Oh, and when he says low 12's next year and 11's the year after, have no doubt in your mind he'll achieve it!

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
I want 13.9, just once.
Car gets out of the shop in a few weeks (its been a few weeks for months now) then its getting some new rod bearings/bolts.
I can do 14.7 on crap tires +LSD, hopefully I can do 13.9 with slicks, LSD and a gutted interior. GL golfs with one seat and a gutted rear can get pretty light. Should be right at 2700 pounds. Only running 25 pounds on my VNT17 though. Wont risk more than that.

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
AtomicSushi
Your due bro. You can't let one of those automatics catch up to your #'s. Even though I dirve one myself.

Ynot