oil pan cover

Morpheus73

its been some time since I've been on this site, so forgive me if this is found elsewhere, but can someone direct me to where I can purchase the metal or aluminum oil pan covers. I recently had the plastic one crap the bed and remembered that the metal one was about the same price at what the dealer wanted for the plastc crap the car cam with. any help is appreciated.:)

Morpheus73

thanks guys!!

another question... as I was plugging away, climbing a rather steep hill, with AC on and turbo in high gear, I had one of the hoses in the engine compartment actually blow apart. Not break, just that a plastic part pulled away from the hose, so I reconnected by losening the the screw on the fastener, marying the pieces back together and tightening down again. However, when the plastic part separated from the tub it got pushed into one of the pulley's near the timing belt rea and of course it melted a hole into the plastic piece. if you can picture the engine bay and you are leaning over looking into it, its at the very front of the bay on the left (passenger side) any clue as to what this part number would be? I need to replace this ASAP as I'm heading on a long trip...thanks...

ScorpionBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
sounds like your intercooler plumbing to me.

BTW, I just installed a Panzer Plate two days ago on my ride and i am loving it. it has already taken a few hits! of course, it does drop your clearance by an inch. regardless, they were pretty good hits and when i gleefully inspected the plate it just had some scratches. bwwwahahahahaaa

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
The black tube with the 90 degree bend? Connects to the top of the intercooler one end, and a rubber 90 degree bend hose that connects to the EGR valve?

If so, upper intercooler tubing. Patch it temporarily with JB weld, but replace it.

BTW, there's no screws on this tubing or it's fastener, unless the clamp have been replaced.