Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
paid $2.05 for diesel the other day. Rug was back down at 1.97. So diesel up, rug down.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
$2.39/gal for 50 cetane at the Southern States in Frederick MD. It's also serves commercials big rigs at a seperste stand so they move large quantiles of diesel. Every time I'm there to fill up there are almost always two big rigs filling up. So the fuel usually isn't in the storage tanks long.

Regular 40 cetane is running about 2.29 in Frederick County and 2.49 in Montgomery County (extra MoCo taxes).

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
How long was it in the the huge above ground storage tanks at the supplier level? You don't know how old that fuel is.
Now that is getting too concerned on fuel age! Next thing you know someone will be upset about how many days the oil was in the ground and tell people to avoid diesel made from oil that came from low-turnover oil wells. :D

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
FUTURES Diesel prices down $.055 per gallon today

Prediction on future fuel prices
RUG = DOWN:)
DIESEL = DOWN:)
...as predicted yesterday

... Diesel "FUTURES" DOWN 5.5 cent per gallon today

.... RUG "FUTRES" DOWN 5.4 cents per gallon today

Will (maybe) start to show up at the pump shortly

Last edited:

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
.....at the Chevron near the Roseville railyards (where UP fuels its legion of diesel Hi-Rail work trucks..............)

RUG $2.83

ULSD $2.89

EZ

Boostinby

TDI
Mk4 03 Jetta tdi
Hey guys, just checkin in on pricing on fuel..got fuel this past Saturday on the pike here in CT and payed 2.31$ plus whatever the average cost of power service diesel Kleen is lol

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I've been paying mostly $2.09-$2.19 every fill since the end of April.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Last time I filled up it was $1.929… Of course, that was on May 29th. :eek: :D

Due to back problems I spent three weeks at home, that has certainly stretched out my usual "fill once a month" regimen a bit.

Prices around here are up noticeably, between $2.099-2.259 now. Meanwhile, gasoline is falling and regular unleaded is down to just $2.039 at most stores.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Drove to the Fest and back this weekend, paid as much as $2.60 in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, $2.40 in Ohio. Wisconsin prices were around $2.50, but I didn't need any fuel there.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Costco diesel in Menominee Falls WI was $2.20 when I filled up yesterday. Fuel prices in the UP are always higher (less demand and higher transportation costs). That being said I can drive to Munising MI and home on one tank in the Passat, now that the labor day crowd has gone home I am going to go tomorrow, 6 hundred miles round trip plus putzin' around.
The UP is almost like a third word country, but I go there every year.
Happy trails!

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I figured prices were higher there, but I saw between $.87 and $.93/liter in Canada. I was able to fill the car in Albany and make it to the UP without refilling in Canada. By my math I only saved $.20-25 a gallon.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I figured prices were higher there, but I saw between $.87 and $.93/liter in Canada. I was able to fill the car in Albany and make it to the UP without refilling in Canada. By my math I only saved $.20-25 a gallon.
$0.87 CDN per liter is US $2.573 per US gallon. CDN $1.00 = US $0.78 or US $1.00 = CDN $1.28 (rounded).

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I did my math with the higher price. And my conversion from liters to gallons may not have been entirely accurate.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
And I screwed up my math also. See my edit above.

I used the 3.785 liters to 1 US gallon we used in Germany calculating mileage. To be more accurate it should be 3.78541 but cost change is extremely small.

Using the higher price: CDN $0.93 per liter = US $2.75 per US gallon

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
There's a parallel pipe that normally carries diesel, and the reports I've seen say it's being re-purposed to carry gasoline during this down time. So, depending on whether or not they alternate fuels or whatever, it might wind up affecting us just as much.

Of course, for two days now, I've been watching local prices here in my little slice of Bama and they've gone down-down-down, not up as predicted.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
There's a parallel pipe that normally carries diesel, and the reports I've seen say it's being re-purposed to carry gasoline during this down time. So, depending on whether or not they alternate fuels or whatever, it might wind up affecting us just as much.

Of course, for two days now, I've been watching local prices here in my little slice of Bama and they've gone down-down-down, not up as predicted.
That makes sense, I think. If gasoline cannot be shipped from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast, that would leave a gasoline surplus along the Gulf Coast.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Noticed gas has gone over $2 in SC due to the pipe line leak. Diesel is down a few cents since last time I filled at $1.94. I still have over 100 miles before I need fuel, so hope that prices stay down.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Holding steady in the interior @ $1.089/l

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks to some extended errand-running, I had opportunity to spot check well over 30 stations… prices here are still holding steady, with a few still falling. At the beach some prices are down another 4¢ a gallon for diesel. Diesel here is now $2.129-$2.259.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Gas prices up $0.40/gal so far, haven't noticed much change in D2 yet, butthe bigge effect is a large portion of the stations are bagged and have no gas. Wife and I have one of each so I'm watching this pipeline story.

Jason