2006 Jetta TDI, 260,000 miles

Jesse1983

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 260,000 miles (PA)

Pictures added 7/18/16

It's time to sell my commuter car. It's a blue 2006 Jetta, TDI, 5 speed, with about 260,000 (90% highway) miles. I'll try and outline as much as I can. I'm located in Southern PA (York).

The car looks like it has 260,000 miles on it. There is no major body damage but the interior and exterior show it's age. There are some cracks in the windshield. The car has a valid PA inspection through May 2017. That's the best I can describe it. I'll take pictures when I get home but I wanted to draft the ad now while at work.

On the plus side this car has had regular oil changes, performed by vw. In April (~4,000 miles ago) I had the clutch and flywheel replaced. The flywheel was replaced with a single mass. Also, in July 2014, I had a new turbo, camshaft, and timing done. This was roughly 20,000 miles ago. I have all the records and receipts for these parts.

So onto the bad, the car now needs a transmission, I believe. I was wrongfully informed that the recent replacement of the clutch and flywheel would solve any transmission issues I had. The car drives and all gears work. Some strange noises are what brought me back to the shop. I just don't want to put any more money into a car I rely so heavily upon.

So, that's what I have. Any and all reasonable offers will be considered and if you have specific questions please pm me and I'll get back to you asap. I'll also take pics and post them asap. Thanks.

Last edited: