1.9 TDI AZS Cambelt noise

Marge

TDI
Golf 4 PD130
Hey,

To start, yes I have searched this and found a couple of people with the same issue before but failed to find a full answer..

I have recently swapped out my old dead 1.9 TDI AZS engine for a newer lower mileage unit.

All in and running fine. The cambelt kit on it was fitted about 6 months back so thought I'd leave it as it is.

BUT the cam belt whines/whirrs it's head off! The higher you rev the louder it gets. (BTW I know it's the cambelt, it's still there with the AUX belt off)

My first thought was that the tension setup was either too tight or just incorrect so I reset the tensioner setup but it's still there :(

The only real answer I can find is that someone else found it was the cam pulley? Just fail to see why that it would cause this issue..

Anyone shed some light on this at all?

Thanks

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I had that with the newer gates belt, whirring noise. All I could find was that it eventually dies down after a few thousand miles lol.

Also read about the cam pulley but the thread went nowhere and I also couldn't see why it would matter, it was quiet before the new belt.

Marge

TDI
Golf 4 PD130
Funny enough it is a Gates belt on there, which I also noticed would squeak when turning the engine to check the timing..

Yeah the thread ended with an odd answer lol

The guy said who had the car it was in before that he never noticed any noise but it's so loud it's ridiculous haha

If it doesn't change I'll get a new INA cambelt kit replacement