Problem with seat heaters

Leafan7

TDI
I am a new member and I own a 2012 Jetta TDI which just turned 130KM
I went to use the drivers seat heater and no HEAT. I checked the connections under the seat and all good. I called the dealership and the quoted me 1.3 HRS to do a diagnostic check first. aprox $200.00, Can any other members give me advice on what to check before i give away a couple days pay, or let me know if anyone else has had this problem.
Thx
Derry

merk

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta sedan, 03 silver wagon
Can you swap switches in the that model to test them? They might be right/left only, not sure.
I went to use the drivers seat heater and no HEAT. I checked the connections under the seat and all good. I called the dealership and the quoted me 1.3 HRS to do a diagnostic check first. aprox $200.00, Can any other members give me advice on what to check before i give away a couple days pay, or let me know if anyone else has had this problem.
Thx
Derry

brooksy

TDI
2012 jetta Highline
Thx
Derry
Hi, I know it's been awhile but can you recall what was the fix? I have a 2012tdi as well, same problem.

brooksy

TDI
2012 jetta Highline
Yes, fuse is good. Autel scan said d/s seat heat open circuit, checking resistance next.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Is there more than one fuse for the heated seats as I have in my MKIV?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Check for 12 volts at the plug that goes to the seat heater element. You could also check the resistance across the seat side as well to see if it is open.

Rameador

TDI
2015 passat
Hello all, do any of you have wiring diagrams for the seat heaters. Neither of mine in a 2015 Passat are working. I found fuse diagrams, and the 1 fuse I know about is okay. But I don't know even the basics (e.g., is there a single central controller, a separate one for each seat, . . . ). I posted a similar Q under another post before I saw this thread. Thanks.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I think in a 2015 heating is controlled by the BCM, any codes stored?
Does the lights illuminate at the selector?

Rameador

TDI
2015 passat
Thanks Pedro. This selector lights do illuminate. And it’s not throwing any codes. Is the BCM in the dash underneath the steering wheel?

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Yes, the BCM is down there, but ...I'm not 100% sure... I believe this could be just a CAN signal mediated by the BCM. Not sure in the NMS Passat, but it is like that for the mk7 golf.