tdi high pressure fuel pump

Diesel dorf

TDI
2009 Jetta tdi Sport wagen
Have read a lot a posts about the HPFP issues on 2009 tdi's. Can anyone tell me if VW is still picking up the tab on replacing the pumps or fuel system when they fail. My 09 sport wagen just turned 70 k and has all the signs of a pump failure. Will have it towed to the dealer in the morning and wanted to be prepared.

Diesel dorf

TDI
2009 Jetta tdi Sport wagen
Got the car back and you wont believe what the problem was. A weak battery. Thats right. A weak battery that turned over the engine just fine but according to dealer did not have enough voltage to meet some peramiter to allow the engine to start. I dont buy it but the car runs just fine now.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I would believe it. I had that happen on my F350 that I owned. The engine would crank slowly but it wasn't fast enough for the HPFP to get the pressure up to the correct pressure. Once the batteries were replaced it fired right up.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
original battery would be 5-6 years old.

I bet VW did not pick up the tab.

good news, however. I like my 09 JSW even at coming up on twice your miles.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Got the car back and you wont believe what the problem was. A weak battery. Thats right. A weak battery that turned over the engine just fine but according to dealer did not have enough voltage to meet some peramiter to allow the engine to start. I dont buy it but the car runs just fine now.
Yes it's true the ECM are real picky on the voltage. This has happened to others. I replaced my battery in my 09 a couple of months ago.