!7 years of TDIs finished, but nor without an argument

Kirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2K Jetta and 2013 Passat SE TDI manual
Finished the buyback this morning in Bend, Oregon, but the designated buyback person insisted that he could not tale the car back because it had snow tires on aftermarket wheels.
Because of this forum, I knew that was bull. I politely told him so and I was well aware of the conditions for the buyback. If he wanted me to believe him then he should read me that section of the settlement in the folder that he had displayed on a shelf behind him. He said that his boss told him he couldn't take it back with snow tires no matter what. I had him write down his name and his boss' name and number so I could report this to the settlement lawyers. He then texted someone on his phone and as I was getting up to leave, he looked at his phone and say that his boss told him to buy it back as is. And then it went smoothly to conclusion.

I've got to say that without these forums, I would have been intimidated. Armed with good advice I could look him in the eye and have him back down.

I'm done with VW and on to a Subaru, but I have enjoyed the fellowship of Fred's and will miss it.

Cheers,
Kirk

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Finished the buyback this morning in Bend, Oregon, but the designated buyback person insisted that he could not tale the car back because it had snow tires on aftermarket wheels.
Because of this forum, I knew that was bull.
...and you were correct, of course. Though you were able to complete the buyback, I'd suggest you let the class attorneys know of your experience; hopefully they can address these sorts of issues so they're less likely to happen in the future. info@vwclasscounsel.com.