Truck load of TDIs heading east on the QEW

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Dofasco ... err ArcelorMittal ...

Probably they're heading for a storage lot somewhere, as they have been doing in the USA. Dunno if anyone has identified where it is yet, for the Ontario buybacks.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
What a shame. Hopefully the cars will be re-sold somewhere and re-used. Perfectly fine cars.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
09-14 models or 15s? The buy back 15s should be going on sale as used cars soon since there's a fix

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
09-14 models or 15s? The buy back 15s should be going on sale as used cars soon since there's a fix
Dealer told me when I was buying a demo 2015 that they do not have knowledge yet on when they can sell returned vehicles. Basically a 2015 comes in and goes to VW/Audi Canada immediately to a lot. A process will be unveiled later where the dealer can get their hands back on a 2015 for resale.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
90 - 14 depending on mileage will be sold overseas NOT europe, I was told by sales guy at my dealership.

yhmtdi

TDI
'01 Golf TDI, '00 Golf 1.8T
90 - 14 depending on mileage will be sold overseas NOT europe, I was told by sales guy at my dealership.
So what a pointless exercise. Is it really going to make a difference whether the cars are driven here or somewhere else on the planet? It's all the same atmosphere. I'm guessing VW will actually make money from this too...

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The consent decree in the USA prohibits these cars from being exported unless they have been fixed first, and as of right now, there is no fix for those. Now, it's possible that the Canadian models might not be subject to this, since that consent decree is only a valid legal document in the USA, but there is still a high probability that the sales guy at your dealership was making this up - or heard from soneone else who was making this up.

Dofasco. Or Gerdau-Ameristeel.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
I have to admit I am sad about returning mine, but the money is too good to refuse. With six years together, it has been my longest relationship ;) I hope it goes to a good home!

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I have to admit I am sad about returning mine, but the money is too good to refuse. With six years together, it has been my longest relationship ;) I hope it goes to a good home!
almost seven years for mine, only the Mk IV lasted longer. still no end in sight, so will keep driving.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The consent decree in the USA prohibits these cars from being exported unless they have been fixed first, and as of right now, there is no fix for those. Now, it's possible that the Canadian models might not be subject to this, since that consent decree is only a valid legal document in the USA, but there is still a high probability that the sales guy at your dealership was making this up - or heard from soneone else who was making this up.

Dofasco. Or Gerdau-Ameristeel.
The Canadian models at least have the advantage of the cluster being metric. Like most of the rest of the world.

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
Dixon & Carlingview northeast corner (previous regal constellation) has a growing number of cars being parked into the open space. There are a notable amount of TDIs in there which I am assuming are returns. What is weird is that there are other car brands in the same lot mixed in.

Take this post for what it is worth (nothing really).

swampboy

TDI
2003 reflex silver wagon
I noticed a large row of squished late model VW TDIs yesterday at Pic'n'Save in Hamilton. Probably 100 of them.

What a shame to see that they are not even allowing parts to be sold off of these returns.

Last edited:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Dixon & Carlingview northeast corner (previous regal constellation) has a growing number of cars being parked into the open space. There are a notable amount of TDIs in there which I am assuming are returns. What is weird is that there are other car brands in the same lot mixed in.

Take this post for what it is worth (nothing really).
That lot you're talking about on the northeast corner is actually park n fly's lot. They use it when it gets really busy and the closer lots are full... Seeing as it's probably not busy they probably reached some agreement with park n fly to post some of the tdis there

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I noticed a large row of squished late model VW TDIs yesterday at Pic'n'Save in Hamilton. Probably 100 of them.

What a shame to see that they are even allowing parts to be sold off of these returns.
that's just stupid...best I call them and see if they have any pressure sensor/glow plugs...UPDATE NOT FOR PARTS FOR SALE!!

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
This is good news to all that are keeping their TDI. The used market prices will go up because of this. :)