Had Phase 1 done today, 6/19/17

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Posted this in the Passat forum earlier.

Took my car in to my dealer for the Phase 1 fix this morning and also an oil change/filter.

Total time elapsed between handing them my key and getting the car back was 90 minutes which included the oil change and also included getting the car washed.

Now my impression is that it may be just a tad slower accelerating from a standstill as I normally drive. I DO NOT drive the car like I stole it. As for noise, I cannot see (hear) any difference.

A few days ago I did an acceleration test from a dead stop to 60 Mph and it was 11 seconds. I have the DSG tranny which does not allow you to rev it up too much from a dead stop with your foot on the brake.

Replicated the same acceleration run at the exact same location under the same weather conditions and it came out to the same 11 seconds 0-60 done with my digital stop watch.

As for some people saying their RPM's have changed?. Comparing it with my ScanGauge II, the before and after Phase 1 is the identical 830 Rpm.

Of course as for the fuel consumption I cannot tell as yet. My fuel consumption over the last 12 months was 52 Mpg Imperial (about 42 Mpg US) or 5.56 L/h. This is derived by keeping a record of every fill up and entering the same into a program I have, not the MFD in the car.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Just for curiosity's sake I just did a review of my DEF usage. Over one year it comes to 1 liter per 1575 km.

I had heard that the Phase 1 fix may cause more DEF usage. Well I'll see in one year from now.

I track all my fuel and DEF usage.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Good to know, thanks for sharing. I'm taking my wife's sportwagen with 6 speed manual for the first fix on June 28th. The results might be different as the ECU programming on manual vs dsg and passat vs Golf is different, I'm told. Is this correct or they're all the same??