So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
I was committed to keeping my excellent 2013 6M tech Golf TDI. Truly, a great-handling, durable, stout and nimble car. I have no complaints. Zero.
I put 145K completely trouble-free miles on it in four years. I had no reason to let it go. But, the buy back was too good to refuse. I realized that if I ever wrecked it, it would be worthless. But turning it in gave me a lot of cash.
What really convinced me was an excellent, well-modified 2014 chevy duramax 6.6L powered vehicle that I couldn't turn down... for now, it's good bye diesel and hello diesel.
The king is dead. Long live the king!

peobryant

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I'm in the same boat. I had planned on keeping my '10 TDI but after a few issues with it and realizing that I have essentially driven the car for free if I sell it back, I went searching for another truck. I have a '91 Cummins already and I was originally looking for a 2nd gen 12 valve, but I ended up with this.

This one is a '92 W350, 5.9 Cummins mated to a 5 speed manual. Over the last 4K or so miles I've averaged 19.8 mpg which isn't too shabby at all.

mikec944

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech
I sang the song/title of your post in my head as I read it. Now that song will be stuck in my head for three days.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
There are worse songs to have stuck in your head

Edelweiss from Man in the High Castle is pretty creepy

My appointment is tonight at 5:30 :(

k^2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG - Sold back to VW. Replaced with Sportwagen 2.5 GAS
Same here. Really liked my 2010 Sportwagen, but the offer was too good to refuse. In addition timing belt service was coming. Replaced it with 2011 2.5L sportwagen SE. So far I am getting 33mpg babying it.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
We turned in our '10 JSW 6M today for many of the same reasons as y'all. Replaced ours with a '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M delivered a few weeks ago.

Today's sellback was quick and painless, except for the sadness felt by my wife who loved her TDI.

Dadskier

TDI
2013 JSW 6M
6/20 10:30 am is my buyback date. Great car, too much money to pass up. Never had any major issues with it, though it desperately needs new brakes, and tires ... but VW will have to figure that out.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
There are worse songs to have stuck in your head

Edelweiss from Man in the High Castle is pretty creepy

:(
"Afternoon delight" for me anyway is about the worst song to have running through my head. But ya, The Sound of music thing is pretty lame as well. Edelweiss? must not do a google search.

If I stab myself in the eye, maybe those melodies will stop but I doubt it so I guess I had better not do that.

Last edited: