40K miles? 2015 2.0L

Big R

TDI
2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi Q5
If I'm reading the threads and docs correctly, it would behoove me to get the "fix" (Stage 1? Stage 1 and 2?) done before I hit 40K miles on my 2015 A3.

Is the forum in agreement?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
So you don't have any fix? you're happy with the car and don't want the buy back? You're the original owner, when did you buy the car?

Miles are in different of phase 1 fix, other than the value of the payout you'd get.

If you get phase 1 fix now and get the cash, then when ever you feel like it get phase 2 and get the rest of your cash.

You're leaving money on the table right now, but you're also enjoy the unmodified driving characteristics some people complain about the phase 1 fix.

Also those gaming the fixes to milk out the max extended warranties, are just that gaming. Someone would need to be putting on 30K year to really hit the possible max warranty, someone like yourself who does 13K, you'll time out on years before you hit the mileage threshold.

Big R

TDI
2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi Q5
No fix yet, and, yes, I love the car. I could do the buy back and replace my car with a similar low mileage A3 or I can take money for doing the fix. Former would likely put a couple thousand extra in my pocket, but then I'd have a previously owned car.

I'm original owner and had intended on waiting as long as possible before deciding, but it seems that having the fix done before I hit 40K miles gets me an additional diesel oxidation catalyst before 150,000. I have no clue if that addl catalyst is of any real value.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
IMO splitting hairs, in theroy vw will replace DPF/NOx stuff once before their warranty it up, could make sense to have the second NOx sensor added before 40k and then have VW pick up the tab at say 100K.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
For me the choice would really come down to the numbers. Are you happy enough with your current A3 to get the fix and just keep driving it? That gives you $y. You can turn it in and buy something else for less than the buyback and that would give you $x. Is there a need for x over y? Such as paying off credit cards or other loans.

You should be able to find a fixed A3 and test drive it. See if you notice any differences and let that be your determining factor.