++ 2011 JSW 6MT Build ++

evolDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (and several others in the past)

(From Crosshaul Cruise). Also, update: I remain in a holding pattern till the dust settles on DieselGate.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Custom - Funky Green. 99 NB TDI, 06 Jetta TDI
Diggin' the build, man. A few of your upgrades were things I'd never seen before... the double apex garage/gate openers are totally on my list now. haha... and I think my wife would love the underseat storage. I'm also currently researching tunes. Can't decide between the malone stage 2 and the kerma tune.

evolDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (and several others in the past)
Diggin' the build, man. A few of your upgrades were things I'd never seen before... the double apex garage/gate openers are totally on my list now. haha... and I think my wife would love the underseat storage. I'm also currently researching tunes. Can't decide between the malone stage 2 and the kerma tune.
Thanks!

Now I have a mk7 stage 2 GTI and love it. The underseat drawers are amazing. So handy and only guys like us know they are even there. I want to buy a double apex button for the mk7 but I just scavenged the mk6 one instead. The button runs into the glove compartment. It works. Good luck and it's hard to go wrong with Malone!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
So what happened to this build?
Stumbled upon this thread while investigating the underseat drawers. Anyone know if these will fit in my 2010 Jetta cup edition?

Last edited:

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
I pulled my underseat drawers from my '11 SW and moved them into my '13 GTI. Well worth all the effort to install, un-install, and re-install. Not moving these again.

D-Cup: do these mods, they really are worth it as they improve usability to justify the expense/work to install.

GLTA.

ranger pete

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
I an the new owner of an '11 JSW MT. No engine mods for me till every bit of the VW warranty expires, but reading this has me looking forward to that day. I will likely do some suspension mods, maybe next year. I would like to start with tires/wheels. I will probably use the stock 16s for winter tires once these tires are done.

Any recommendations? Don't think I want to go any bigger than 17. No way I am doing ultra-low profile when I have to drive these crap New England roads. I was thinking maybe find some stock older rims.

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
That is my plan as well, no sense in void the emissions warranty until it dries up. Good plan to focus on the wear items like suspension, bushings, tie-rods etc first because they get used every single day you drive it and will actually help/improve the way the tune translates to the road when you do go down that road later.

I run 16's for winter driving, having a little more meat on the tire helps cushion the ride a bit more, they are generally cheaper and finding 16" 5x112 steelies for $25/wheel is also relatively easy. For summer I stick with the 17" 225/40/17, a little less cushion in terms of sidewall height compared to the 16's, but again it's cheaper to find 17" tires than it is to find 18". Performance wise unless you are tuned, lowered and ready for track days you can get the same amount of performance from a good set of 17" wheels/tires for less than you would spend on the 18"+ set-ups. Just my two cents. Also keep in mind that a lot of people tend to swap their. wheels when hey purchase Audi/VW vehicles and selling the old wheels as "take-offs" are pretty common. I know here in SLC, UT there are pages of stock "take-off" wheels in the classifieds for between $200-$400. Even if they have some curb rash or other imperfections you can take them to a wheel shop and have them re-finished and/or painted/powder coated and they'll look new.

Lot's of options either way you go, just take your time and do your research and it'll pay off.