Next GTG in DFW area?

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I would say..late OCT/Nov, for a track date..The track needs to cool down and ambient as well...Maybe do a Dyno as well?..maybe a GTG at RSB?? Bon fire and BBQ...

I want to check out some 2wd launches on the LSD..

Ben will have NO2 and ready for some track time..I would say on a wed night, were we can hot-lap...Fridays TOO crowded..

Im...READY !!!!!!:D :D

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
^^^ Me = jealous of my former LSD lol... Put her to good use.

The tuned 2.0T now has some pretty bad Tq steer at times when driving hard upon shifts or when at WOT, it could really use an LSD now as well. But I can't buy one for it though...:(

RSB GTG? Sounds good, but it may be hard to draw much of a crowd on a Wednesday... I suppose a half day off from work (and skipping school ;)) could get me up in ATX in time to dyno then roll out to SAR for some hot laps?

TDIinTexas

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2010 JSW TDI
SBAtdijetta said:
Have been driving the 2.0t APR tuned for a few days now... I must say it now has about as much or more torque then most TDIs, and is a blast to drive.
How is that fuel mileage treating you though...? :p

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIinTexas said:
How is that fuel mileage treating you though...? :p
Thanks for the reminder...:( What do you think...:p If I had to use one word only... Abysmal

Mach1

TDI
Steve, I recomend a Track night at SA on wed..We can get in some track time on wed..

Now the GTG at RSB..it would be a WEEKEND...BBQ and bon fire...At least a Friday/friday night/Saturday make it the weekend...

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Mach1 said:
Steve, I recomend a Track night at SA on wed..We can get in some track time on wed..

Now the GTG at RSB..it would be a WEEKEND...BBQ and bon fire...At least a Friday/friday night/Saturday make it the weekend...
Randy, I'm hurt that you didn't invite me to your track day. :cool: Hope you still want some of my technologically advanced CBE (mine doesn't have an "A") with my lagging a$$ DSG are you?

LOL!

j...

Mach1

TDI
J..you hurt yourself, ALL people are invited to the GTG...I do want some CRuD...I will be trailoring my car down to the track with the truck..SOOOO once you beat the Jetta, we can line up the truck...

The truck is the drag monster...

You/all are always invited to GTG, dynoes, track day...Lets have fun..

Brasil

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta wagon silver-Sold, now MINI Cooper S Clubman
Yeah-- I forgot to put it up the night before--this was at 1030am. I have one one of the 2 piece ones that fold up into a small pancake.

The top of the steering wheel was 132.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I'm in for a dyno. Just RC'd my new used Blue Golf. Might have injectors and
3" exhaust by then. I dunno... running out of cash these days. I need to stop buying cars.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Mach1 said:
J..you hurt yourself, ALL people are invited to the GTG...I do want some CRuD...I will be trailoring my car down to the track with the truck..SOOOO once you beat the Jetta, we can line up the truck...

The truck is the drag monster...

You/all are always invited to GTG, dynoes, track day...Lets have fun..
Now this sounds like fun. Late october time frame would be best for me. I have some vacation owed me (even more if I get to work through a hurricane again this year). I could do a Wed night track. I just need to borrow someone's truck. :p Unless I figure out some 600+ HP mods for one of my Golves.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
jaydogg007 said:
... running out of cash these days. I need to stop buying cars.
Jay, before you stop buying cars, I have 2005 Cavalier for sale (daughter's car) - $4000.00 (OBO near that). You could drive it while the VW's are "down"....;)

Tony:D

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
aja8888 said:
Jay, before you stop buying cars, I have 2005 Cavalier for sale (daughter's car) - $4000.00 (OBO near that). You could drive it while the VW's are "down"....;)

Tony:D
I'm running out of driveway. I would think that 3 TDIs is plenty to keep me moving in something diesel. But I've been wrong once before.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
jaydogg007 said:
I'm running out of driveway. I would think that 3 TDIs is plenty to keep me moving in something diesel. But I've been wrong once before.
I am driving that Cavalier now as my Passat is "down" waiting for alternator parts. It is nice to have an "extra" car available when you own VW's!;)

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Is this GTG gonna happen? Seems like there are just a few people confirmed to go...

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
We could meet at my shop hang out, go to Weatherford to dyno at Dr Performance. I have some seating but my landlord won't allow bbq, but there is a park close by.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jim & Steve,

I think there are several interested in doing this on a later date when it is somewhat cooler. My .02 I agree, and I will certainly be up for going but would like to do it a bit later then originally planned.

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Late October would be cool(er). I have a new GM-in-training and would like to be there to show my wares and help with installs if there was interest.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
mtbr297 said:
I like October as well, it is the month of my birthday and my wife's birthday.

Add another birthday for October. Maybe we can have a joint party? :p

October sounds better than late September from a cool weather standpoint.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
TDIinTexas said:
You guys just can't let the 70's die can you? :D

David
70's? Hey, take a trip to northern California and see what the cash crop is in Marin County!:p

Remember Woodstock? That was a recent birthday also!;)

robbinsresort

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI, 85 Golf n/a Diesel
imo oct>sep

I'm still down for a gtg, especially if it's in N Texas or the Austin area. Just need enough notice so I can trade the day off.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Spicewood sounds great. Track day sounds better. I'm up for a wednesday! I can take thurs and fri off. I have some vacation time coming. Late october would be great.

RSB, thoughts?

Mach1

TDI
Yes, I am always up for some fun, we WILL do a track day in late OCT or even Nov. I still have some mods to do to mine to get ready for drag days!

I dont want to mess with the Dallas guys GTG.

I might be able to attend as well in Oct..But I am saying in AC until then.

The attitude looks like we can do North GTG, but let it cool a little bit more..

Then we can do a track Wed night and then later a GTG in Spicewood..

I am going to plan the track night and GTG in Spicewood, so we need someone to plan/gather the North GTG..Maybe mid to late OCT???