$400 kerma tune AND Q-Loader Ontario only look inside!!!

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
ok, here's the link to the original thread that has been revised with the price and full details
I made this thread to reflect the SCREAMING price drop from the original price the group
buy thread had. Since it seems the title cannot be changed to make notice of the savings.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=243153

here is the link made for us Ontarians by Kerma (charlie) to do a
checkout ASAP!
http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-433/Q-dsh-loader-group-buy-Ontario/Detail?sfs=f8cd9e0a

Quick details:
ALH 400 USD
BEW 500 USD
Central shipping location, we go pickup or arrange something
10 people min
NOTE: we can pay and checkout now on the $400 price point, so if we do not hit 10, maybe Charlie will
feel bad for us, and let us get away with this amazing price if we come close.
This is almost the price of a local Tune, but without having to go ANYWHERE. And free (reasonable) updates!
Also, unit is transferable for a small fee

Last edited:

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
Thanks for your enthusiasm, I am sure you will be just as excited while you upload your first tune.

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
chrislamb said:
Thanks for your enthusiasm, I am sure you will be just as excited while you upload your first tune.
For sure..
I just want to make sure everyone knows the price point here.
and the savings we can get with the right people on this...
Any other tune is BARELY cheaper than this. You add one re-tune
from the others, and this one is instantly cheaper, as re-tunes, for the most part, are free...
So not only do we all get some crazy convenience but a better price with just one re-tune!!

Anyways Chris, it was awsome of you to get this group buy going with this good price.

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
Well, the USD has gone up a bit in the last week. It's exhange rate right now is somewhere around $1.26CAD = $1USD. So.. 500USD is about $629 CAD (for BEW) and $503 CAD (for ALH) It's a good price if you're thinking of changing your software over and over, but for those people doing it only maybe once or twice, it may not be worth it.

For people only thinking of doing a single software upgrade, some GB are doing both ALH/BEW engines for about $375. So that may be the cheaper option.

Last edited:

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you honestly believe you'll be happy with just one tune? This TDIclub is addictive and so is the power you get with tuning.. then you'll want nozzles.. and so on :) I am on my 3 remap since november. Just being honest... don't mean to offend.

daniel_mad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI 127hp
chrislamb said:
Do you honestly believe you'll be happy with just one tune? This TDIclub is addictive and so is the power you get with tuning.. then you'll want nozzles.. and so on :) I am on my 3 remap since november. Just being honest... don't mean to offend.
no no, none taken, you are right, TDICLUB is an addiction, lol. We should start another forum. TA (TDIolics Anonymous), a support group against the addiction. :D

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
:) I am glad my wife doesn't read these forums.. I'd be in trouble! hah.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
What will be the total cost to your door in CAN$$$ if the GB hits 25 for the 400US price to happen?

Pete

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
petea4 said:
What will be the total cost to your door in CAN$$$ if the GB hits 25 for the 400US price to happen?

Pete
from what I gathered.
it needs to hit 20 for the $400 price break.
It will go somewhere local in Ontario, and we can pick it up from there, or the person can prob. ship it at whatever Canada post cost is.

But we can PRE-pay now with the link in the first post in this thread here at the $400 price point, so maybe Charlie will be kind enough to still give it at that price if we come close at least. So I pre-paid myself already.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope, we are at that price for minimum of ten people.. charlie lowered it all :) so we get 10 minimum we are at the previous 20 people min price. We'll probably wait though and see how many people jump on to a max of 25.

Kerma is also covering shipping and duty.. so basically if all goes well its your price + exchange rate and you pick it up where we decide it ships. I work downtown at yonge and St clair so I could always meet people in that area.. maybe Bayview Village parking lot or something.

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
daniel_mad said:
Well, the USD has gone up a bit in the last week. It's exhange rate right now is somewhere around $1.26CAD = $1USD. So.. 500USD is about $629 CAD (for BEW) and $503 CAD (for ALH) It's a good price if you're thinking of changing your software over and over, but for those people doing it only maybe once or twice, it may not be worth it.

For people only thinking of doing a single software upgrade, some GB are doing both ALH/BEW engines for about $375. So that may be the cheaper option.
if you are SURE you will not re-tune, than yeah.
But a retune with that other GB is still $100 ontop ( just for one )
so if you just happen to get Nozzles (which I will be)
it is already cheaper.... (475 cad) I say cheaper b/c the time and gas money you spend, waiting, etc... is prob. more than $25.

Don't forget, if you sell your tdi, you can stock it, and sell the Q-loader for a small transfer fee, and easily recoup $200 prob.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Also, don't forget.. you get 10% off another item with this group buy.. so maybe you buy the Qloader/tune and then a set of PP520 nozzles with 10 percent off. ;)

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
sidshock said:
Don't forget, if you sell your tdi, you can stock it, and sell the Q-loader for a small transfer fee, and easily recoup $200 prob.
If you modify your car to the point where you need re-tunes beyond the standard larger injectors and stock turbo, chances are you CANT run your car with a stock file again. Things like bigger injection pump, turbo, 3Bar Map, PD150 MAF, and EGR Delete are physical mods which change the dynamics of the way a stock car would normally drive. Unless you plan on putting all the stock parts back, most people would sell the loader with the car!

Its food for thought, i am in no way trying to discourage anyone from buying this just want everyone to be informed, after-all I have a loader myself :D :p

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
OmegaRenegade said:
If you modify your car to the point where you need re-tunes beyond the standard larger injectors and stock turbo, chances are you CANT run your car with a stock file again. Things like bigger injection pump, turbo, 3Bar Map, PD150 MAF, and EGR Delete are physical mods which change the dynamics of the way a stock car would normally drive. Unless you plan on putting all the stock parts back, most people would sell the loader with the car!

Its food for thought, i am in no way trying to discourage anyone from buying this just want everyone to be informed, after-all I have a loader myself :D :p
true enough.. but if you went that far, I'm sure you work some of it into the selling price. I'm sure the qloader, ecu tune, injetors, turbo, etc... will all be part of the advertising and price.

RichDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Jetta
sidshock said:
true enough.. but if you went that far, I'm sure you work some of it into the selling price. I'm sure the qloader, ecu tune, injetors, turbo, etc... will all be part of the advertising and price.
My car has alot of km's on it, and I have had it in a pretty bad accident. So, I might as well drive it into the ground. Re-sale issues, are not going to be problem for me.

Besides, if Audi ever gets the A4 here with the TDi in it.... maybe I can use the Q-Loader for it at some point?

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
RichDiesel said:
My car has alot of km's on it, and I have had it in a pretty bad accident. So, I might as well drive it into the ground. Re-sale issues, are not going to be problem for me.

Besides, if Audi ever gets the A4 here with the TDi in it.... maybe I can use the Q-Loader for it at some point?
I dunno how that would work..
Unless the ECU is the same hookup as the current one..
and if Kerma would have a Tune for it, etc..
And still, I'm sure there would be some kinda transfer over fee, etc...

That's thinking really far ahead though ( which isn't bad.. ) For me, I just like to re-tune a couple times after some small changes to find a happy medium, that's all...

RichDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Jetta
sidshock said:
I dunno how that would work..
Unless the ECU is the same hookup as the current one..
and if Kerma would have a Tune for it, etc..
And still, I'm sure there would be some kinda transfer over fee, etc...

That's thinking really far ahead though ( which isn't bad.. ) For me, I just like to re-tune a couple times after some small changes to find a happy medium, that's all...
That's all stuff that I can deal with when/if the time comes. For now, I am just looking to get the MAX MPGs out of my car. With the 10% (When I have the $$) I'll pick up a taller 5th gear. Having the Q-loader will allow me/us to make changes when I do switch to it.

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
RichDiesel said:
That's all stuff that I can deal with when/if the time comes. For now, I am just looking to get the MAX MPGs out of my car. With the 10% (When I have the $$) I'll pick up a taller 5th gear. Having the Q-loader will allow me/us to make changes when I do switch to it.
that's what sold me...
If the mpg's are bad, I can have it adjusted in my garage in 10min or less...
Also, when I get the vr6 clutch/flywheel and the PP520's im looking at, I will need a re-adjustment, so q-loader seems the way to go for me.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Sid, how many km are on your clutch? When I first tuned with Charlie I was also stock and he sent me (as he likely will you) a safe clutch tune and a not so safe clutch tune.. most likely stage 1 and stage 1+. I got addicted to power and asked him for stage 1+ which promptly made a new clutch a requirement.. so with that said if your clutch is not in the cards stick with the stage 1 until it is :) You'll be surprised at what just a tune will do, your car will pull up to around 4500 rpm.

c0179999

Veteran Member
TDI
no TDI's but get one soon
when I check out, they charge me $25 for estimated shipping,

Does it supposed to do?

I thought that 400US all include (shipping and handling)

let me know

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi, Charlie says to choose 'will call' for the shipping. hope this helps.

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
c0179999 said:
when I check out, they charge me $25 for estimated shipping,

Does it supposed to do?

I thought that 400US all include (shipping and handling)

let me know
yes, as Chris said, choose the WILL CALL option from the drop down menu, and it will be $0 shipping.

Chris:
Yeah, the clutch I have is about 135K, so it is not bad at all...
however, I will stay with Stage 1, and then, when I get my Nozzles and clutch upgrade, that's when I will ask him for a + :)
I wish I had a LUK flywheel, but it's a Sachs...
Also, I wanted to ask you Chris, if you happen to know... Can I use the Q-Loader like a Vagcom to log the ECU and send it
to Kerma to get the best tune for me? Or do I need to go to someone with an actual Vagcom??

EDIT:
Also, I noticed, we only need a min of _TEN_ people, not 20, like I had thought to get the $400 price
break. I edited the first post to reflect this now.

Last edited:

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi, Charlie is doing the tuning himself now and the tunes are now called Kerma Tunes vs the previous Alligator Tune.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Hurry up and get this sorted so that i know when to set up the Dyno Day.

Right now its tentativley 2nd saturday in May. With the Unitronic, EMT, and Kerma group buys going on, we can get a base on what the "in" tuners are running for power seeing as we'd all be running on the same dyno.