Help with a KKK BV43 please

Ash03

TDI
Vw Polo 1.9TDI 96kw
Hi guys. I have a Vw polo 1.9 tdi pd130 with an asz engine. Been having turbo problems so i decided its time to replace the turbo.

I have a BorgWarner BV43 of a Hyundai Starex 2.5 CRDI 170HP.
Having done some research on this turbo, it seems to be abit different from the vw bv43.

I am not concerned about it not being a straight fit as i will get a manifold made up.

This bv43 has a part number: 5303 970 0145
I have measured the BILLET compressor wheel and got the ffg:
Inducer: 37.8mm
Exducer: 53.5mm
Which leaves me with a trim of around 50.

Has anybody used this exact turbo? What sort of power and boost can it hold? Does anybody happens to have a compressor map for it?

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Should be the same as the bv43a used on the vw cr170(except for manifold). Good for about 30 psi and 200 whp on the 2L common rail.

Ash03

TDI
Vw Polo 1.9TDI 96kw
Thanks buddy.. Theres not much info on borg warner turbos out there. Im hoping to get 200whp out of it

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
i don't like borg warner turbos for tuning,they have the tendency to snap shafts at high boost.Consider at least re-balancing the turbo maybe it will hold up longer.

Ash03

TDI
Vw Polo 1.9TDI 96kw
Thanks for the tip im570rm.. I have came across a few articles stating that.

My turbo had started to whine a little when cold, upon removing the engine+gearbox for some other work i have seen ALOT of shaft play. So i needed a turbo to run me a few months. I initially wanted a gtb1756vk but they are quite costly in my country, my budget didnt allow it at this time.
Fabricating manifolds and tuning is not a problem.

My car has an original kkk billet wheel bv39b, it held up for 280 000kms, with 3 years on a stage 1 tune, and just about 2 years on a stage 2+ tune with supporting mods. I dont expect any more from the oem turbo.

I have also been doing some research on stop screw/actuator adjusting for a new turbo before being fitted - did not come up with much info on this particular turbo. I would be keen on some advice in that aspect