2014 Sportwagen Sudden Power loss during acceleration.

SPORTPIG

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
My 2014 TDI Sportwagen has developed troubling symptoms over the past 2 days. It has a sudden, but brief, power loss under acceleration. Usually accelerating from a standstill the car's power will drop of alarmingly, shudder twice, and then resume abruptly. It runs great, otherwise. It has done this maybe 4 times in two days? I've had the car less than 6 months. I am the second owner, bought it as a CPO with 37K on it and I just tripped 50K. It was serviced at the dealer about 2 months ago. Again, this problem just cropped up. I've poked around a bit and see that both fuel filter problems, transmission issues and a cam position magnet are potential culprits? I am utterly new to modern VWs, modern diesels and DSG transmissions, so forgive my cluelessness, I'm learning over here.

mendo011

TDI
Sportswagen
Take it in to the dealership.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

TDI
2013 vw jetta sportwagen
I had this problem, possibly to a lesser extent, on my 13 sportwagen. The egr turned out to be the culprit.

-:vw:-

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
Good luck, happens to mine now and then.

No codes no indication of what causes it.

The general consunsus I've found is "that's just how it is" but it's likely due to the rediculous amount of emissions crap bolted onto these cars.

Exhaust flapper choking out exhaust flow, DPF choking out exhaust flow, EGR, bad fuel, dirty fuel, watery fuel, dirty fuel filter, water in the intercooler, fuel cut due to excessive egts during a regen, and on and on.

Search and you'll find all of those and more as potential culprits with no definitive answer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I had similar issue.... the result was 5 failed fuel pumps and 5th time they realized why not check the fuel tank? BEHOLD! It was covered with mold/mildew due to sitting 2 years by buyback program. Please have them check your fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk