Charge Air Piping

papa_smurf49319

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
I'm having some trouble with my cac connection coming apart where the compressor outlet pipe meets the plastic "pancake" pipe to the inlet of the intercooler. It uses that push in style connection with the spring retaining clip. The car is a ALH with a vnt17 and the adapter in the turbo. I have had no issues with the connection at the turbo with the adapter.

Is there any tips on getting this connection to seal? Is there a better option then the factory pipe?

Thanks

Cody

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
You can do the 1.8t pancake pipe swap, it eliminates that spring clip entirely. Did the same swap for the same reason, mine was failing. I also have the same turbo.

papa_smurf49319

Veteran Member
TDI
Very interested in that swap. Bolt right in? I'd be able to use the same hose between turbo and that pipe?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
It's mostly bolt right in. I used this guide here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=334241&page=2
Not the one on page 1, but the second revision.

First image you'll see how I cut down the stockrubber pipe from turbo. The metal clip connector goes INSIDE the hump hose. Then hump hose to pancake pipe, pancake pipe to cooler is all the same.

papa_smurf49319

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome! Thank you so much. I got it pushed back together and wire clamp in good for now. We will see how she does. If it pops again I'll be doing this!