put my name on one a few more questions

v2squared

TDI
2012 Passat 6MT Glacier Blue
Thanks to Niner I got my name on a 2012 TDi.

Now about all these extra warrenties, what is the general feelings about them, worth the money, or the dealer just getting extra money.

I plugged in a 7yr- 100,000 mile service contract ($100 deductible) on the menu at the very end. Please call me with any questions, so I can explain more on any of the products you may be interested in.

KARR Security System (Life-time warranty/Automatic Starter kill, cannot be hot-wired even if the alarm is deactivated, since you activate the system when you lock your doors with the VW key fob) $699 installed

5yr Replacement Policy (Pays you a check of the difference of stolen cars value and the cost of a new one) $299

Ultimate Protection (Even pays to repair curb checked rims) $899 for all 5yrs, road and rim hazard coverage is on any tires and rims you put on the car during the 5yrs. So when you buy new tires in a few years, those are covered as well. No mileage limit either. Also a replacement key can run between $250 to $350.

Volkswagen Armor $799 - Full warranty on paint and interior for 5yrs. You get both the outside coverage and the inside coverage for the total of $799

Thanks again

Dan

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Do you have a big problem with car theft? If not, I wouldn't worry about the alarm or the replacement. If so, then it might be worth the money, although your insurance should certainly cover the vehicle if it gets stolen.

Extra warranty? I wouldn't bother, but that's just me.

$900 for wheel insurance is pretty expensive. You can get wheels on VWvortex or eBay all day long for less than that.

Remember... insurance companies are in the business of making money. They are betting that you won't make a claim or that if you do, they'll still come out ahead. Last time I checked, insurance companies were turning a profit.

All of the things you mention end up being over $3000 - I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend $3000 instead of insurance policies that probably won't pay out enough to cover the initial cost.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Do you have a big problem with car theft? If not, I wouldn't worry about the alarm or the replacement. If so, then it might be worth the money, although your insurance should certainly cover the vehicle if it gets stolen.

Extra warranty? I wouldn't bother, but that's just me.

$900 for wheel insurance is pretty expensive. You can get wheels on VWvortex or eBay all day long for less than that.

Remember... insurance companies are in the business of making money. They are betting that you won't make a claim or that if you do, they'll still come out ahead. Last time I checked, insurance companies were turning a profit.

All of the things you mention end up being over $3000 - I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend $3000 instead of insurance policies that probably won't pay out enough to cover the initial cost.
I'm with VeeDub on this... save your hard earned money. If anything, get a good comprehensive plan on your car, that covers mechanical... also read up on how to handle VW, just in case you get a HPFP failure, however unlikely that is...

Glad it worked out for you and you picked up, (I hope) what I found for you at a great price. Give me a call.

Niner

OK, got ahold of V2squared on the phone... $25,100 for his Glacier Blue/ cornsilk TDI SE 6 Man... as simple as a phone call and adjusting their expectations on price I'm/he is willing to pay.

Don't complicate their end of the deal with trading your car in, just sell your old car to CarMax or privately. Put down a deposit to hold the car you want, and it's all doable if all you are doing is buying a car, with no trade in on your end.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Really!

Buy them all. Then the dealer can have an extra $2,000 in clear profit on the sale of the car!!:)

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I never buy the extra warranty up front. You can buy it later BEFORE the original warranty ends for about half the price and to top it off it extends the miles from that point, so the 7 year 70K now become ANOTHER 7 years 70K miles, instead of overlapping the original.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Thanks to Niner I got my name on a 2012 TDi.
Now about all these extra warrenties, what is the general feelings about them, worth the money, or the dealer just getting extra money.
I plugged in a 7yr- 100,000 mile service contract ($100 deductible) on the menu at the very end. Please call me with any questions, so I can explain more on any of the products you may be interested in.
KARR Security System (Life-time warranty/Automatic Starter kill, cannot be hot-wired even if the alarm is deactivated, since you activate the system when you lock your doors with the VW key fob) $699 installed
5yr Replacement Policy (Pays you a check of the difference of stolen cars value and the cost of a new one) $299
Ultimate Protection (Even pays to repair curb checked rims) $899 for all 5yrs, road and rim hazard coverage is on any tires and rims you put on the car during the 5yrs. So when you buy new tires in a few years, those are covered as well. No mileage limit either. Also a replacement key can run between $250 to $350.
Volkswagen Armor $799 - Full warranty on paint and interior for 5yrs. You get both the outside coverage and the inside coverage for the total of $799

Thanks again
Dan

Delete all of the above and buy ONLY the car. Put the money in your pocket.
Kudos to Niner for finding you the car you wanted. Nicest thing he's done, IMO.

Bill

Niner

V2squared, what's your date of pickup on your new passat?

Edit: got off the phone with him... Friday is his lucky day, going to be a long week for him. Sure beats ordering and having to wait 3 months, though.

Last edited:

Niner

If it's Friday, this must be Tucson, AZ.

Hopefully Daniel will have a report for us on his new Glacier Blue and Cornsilk, 6 Man TDI SE sometime this weekend. I show about 6 hours and 300 miles of country 2 lane road and I-10 interstate to get some appreciation of his new vehicle before pulling in the driveway, on Google Maps. Plenty of canyon and mountain driving to break it in right.

Last edited:

Niner

Just got an email, someone is busy cleaning out the garage to make more room for a new family member, so I'll post these up for him.

Nice drive home...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Another TDI with Salamanca wheels! I love the Glacier Blue - looks fantastic and it's a great car for hot and sunny Arizona!

Niner

I think that Artic Blue with cornsilk looks pretty sharp too. I am digging the new style rims also.