2006 TDI shifts and pulls hard!

palskidoo

TDI
1999.5 2002 2006
Hello,
I have a 2006 tdi automatic with BRM and the car is great but i think it shifts odd. The car doesnt seem to have issues shifting into or out of any gears however, when i do take off, 1st gear seems to be a crawler gear, then shifts to 2nd fine, but 3rd seems to pull hard! the car wants to take off like its in a drag race! all other shifts seem to be fine. this gets kind of annoying when in traffic, the car rolls and gets going ok but this 1 shift between 2nd and 3rd (i think) throws you back in the seat.
I have been looking for anyone who may have a similar issue but everyone else seems to have issues where the car wont shift into or out of gear.
Any thoughts would be great.

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
Search the site for Zip Tie Mod. It sounds like you’re having an issue with the turbo actuator & not the DSG.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I had the same and thought it was something with the transmission, but I did the zip tie mod for other issues, and it fixed the shifting issue as well.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk